Chapter Two, America vs. Italy.

Melina was in disarray as she rushed around her house, cursing as she tore apart the living room

    Melina was in disarray as she rushed around her house, cursing as she tore apart the living room. Nadia continuously tried to assure her friend that her phone was probably just up in her room, but Melina wasn't listening. The doorbell rang, causing the short girl to momentarily pause, her head whipping around aimlessly as she resumed the search for her phone. Nadia sighed, walking to the door and opening it for the boys.

    "What the hell..." Ollie trailed off as he watched the younger girl pace around the messy living room in confusion.

    "Can somebody please ping my—" Melina stops short, her eyes catching sight of her phone under the couch, "never mind!" Relief floods the girls body as she grabs her phone, kissing the screen.

    Jak, Ollie, and Kimi give her weird looks, turning to Nadia who purses her lips, "she lost her phone and freaked out." She explains quickly.

    Seemingly understanding her stressed state, they don't say anything as they join Melina in the living room. "Welcome to my humble abode! My mom needed to grab something from the store... Oh my God! Thank you Carlton." Melina's eyes stare at the Boba drink in the American's hand.

    Jak smiles tightly as he hands Melina the drink. "Anyways, what I was saying was that my mom is at the store to grab garlic salt or something for the breadsticks. Dinner will be done shortly, though!" Melina says hurriedly, taking a sip of her boba happily.

    "What's she making?" Kimi straightens in his seat on the couch, "spaghetti?"

    "Close! Chicken Alfredo. My favorite, as it is my house!" Melina claps, sitting down on a recliner, feeling the chair's soft leather sink beneath her as she gets comfortable.

    Ollie's lips slowly contort into a smirk, "Technically—"

    Nadia groans, "shut the hell up, Ollie."

    The boys lips form a tight line, but he does as he's told. Soon enough, the room grows quiet while the teens sit on their phones, wait for Melina's mother to get back. Fifteen minutes pass, and the front door opens, "hey! Could somebody help me carry in these groceries?" Carmen's voice echos into the house.

    In unison, Jak, Ollie, and Kimi stand up, rushing toward the door to take the load of groceries from the older woman's arms. She quirks an eyebrow at their eagerness, "you kids hungry?" She smiles gratefully to the boys as she leads them into the kitchen.

    "Yes, ma'am!" Ollie smiles, and the rest of the friend group all give each other knowing grins.

    "Well, go sit at the table, i'll be done in just a moment." Carmen says as she waves the boys away from the kitchen counter where they'd set the grocery bags.

    Once they were all seated, Melina sitting in between Jak and Nadia, the delicious smell of pasta wafts through their noses. "Oh my god, I could—"