Chapter Seventeen, Packing with Kimi.

"He totally knows I'm lying!" Melina groans, aggressively throwing her phone against her lawn chair

   "He totally knows I'm lying!" Melina groans, aggressively throwing her phone against her lawn chair. Melina did not in fact, have to clean the house. Her and Nadia were rotting outside by the girls pool.

   Nadia rolls her eyes, "you told him you were busy. Also, why would you ignore him in the first place?"

   A frown overtakes Melina's lips. "Okay, well... I'm actually not quite sure." That was a lie. Melina knew exactly why.

   "Why don't you start with admitting you like him out loud and maybe in one full sentence this time, then figure out if you're going to tell him or not." She suggests, not giving time for Melina to argue as she continues, "I know what he said yesterday makes you not want to, but I don't think it would apply to you anyways."

Pouting her lips, which were freshly applied with lipgloss, Melina shakes her head. "School starts in like two weeks and he starts racing again, so there's really no point."

Taking that into consideration, her friend sighs, giving up. "Yeah, I guess, but not before our trip to london. I still think you should."

"Can we switch the topic? Please?" Melina taps out, taking a sip of her sprite.

"Fine! About what?"

"Your date with Ollie tonight?" A smirk grows on the girls tanned face, covered by her Sprite can.

Nadia rolls her eyes. "What about it?"

"Well where are you going? And how much smooching will be involved and—"

"Oh shut the hell up." Nadia cuts her friend off with a laugh. "Steve's diner. I told him nothing too fancy because it's only a first date, we save the expensive shit for the second and third, if we make it that far. And i'm not guessing on our 'smooching' you freak."

Melina laughs loudly, "you're so lame! Steve's diner is crazy though. I mean, you could be eating at that fancy ass place we went to for his birthday. The pasta there was deathly scrumptious." Recalling back the memory from the restaurant they'd attended for Ollie's birthday last May, Melina sighs contently.

The girls continue to chat about Nadia's upcoming date and other meaningless topics, eventually growing tired of basking in the sunlight and moving inside to the kitchen.

Melina makes food for the two, settling for microwavable mac and cheese with ice water since her mother hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while.

Sitting down at the table, they dig into the cheesy food. "Hey!" Melina suddenly speaks, swallowing her bite quickly. "Have you even packed for London? Since we leave tomorrow."

"Of course i've packed? Have you?" Nadia quirks an eyebrow, knowing her friend well enough to know she hadn't. Her best friend was a world class procrastinator.