Chapter Twenty three, Playground fun.

The city of Chelmsford was probably Melina's favorite part of her stay in the UK

The city of Chelmsford was probably Melina's favorite part of her stay in the UK. Its smaller scale city reminded her much of her childhood home, full of comfort and nostalgia. Walking through the town with only orange streetlights and the moon lighting the streets gave her a sense of serenity she always longed for.

   Walking hand in hand with Nadia, the girls were only a few paces behind the boys. They were silently enjoying each other's presence with no need for conversation. One thing that made Melina fall in love with their friend group was the mutual understanding that they didn't need to talk all the time, silence was a custom for them during nights like these.

   Nearing their destination, which was a small park in the center of the city, the teens slowed their pace, searching for a nice spot to set down their stuff before they played on the decades old play set and swings.

   Finding a small corner outside the wood chips, Melina sets down her purse before she sets off for the swings with Nadia.

   Finding the highest-up swings, the girls climb onto them, swinging back and forth slowly. "It's so spooky here." Nadia laughs quietly.

   Melina feels a shiver run up her back. "Please don't say that."

   Laughing, the girls continue to swing and make mindless conversations, finally getting off when their legs begin to feel sore. The boys all ran around the play set laughing and going down the slides or across the small monkey bars.

   "You guys look ridiculous." Nadia says with her hands on her hips, trying to hide her amusement as she watches Ollie appear at the end of the slide.

   "Come down it with me!" He insists, climbing back up the stairs, pausing at the top to motion for her to join him. Nadia shakes her head vigorously. "Don't be boring, Nads."

   Giving in, Nadia makes her way up to him, leaving Melina sitting on the wood chips uncomfortably beside Kimi, who seemed to be winded. "The hell were you doing?" She laughs.

   Kimi only shrugs, playing with a wood chip near his foot. Awkward silence floats between the two, leaving Melina frustrated. He'd hardly talked to her since London and it was really starting to piss her off.

   Forcing herself onto her feet, Melina looks down at him with a small sigh. "Okay, this silent treatment is getting old, Andrea."

   The use of his first name has Kimi's eyes shooting up toward her, his eyebrows pulled together. "What?"

   "Oh don't act stupid." Melina scoffs before adding, "even though you quite literally are."