Chapter Twenty five, Goodbye's and arguements.

Dark brown hair cascaded around Melina Vega's shoulders

Dark brown hair cascaded around Melina Vega's shoulders. She'd just brushed out her curls and had her makeup done. She felt pretty, although she had no idea why she'd dressed up when she had a two hour car ride back to London.

Nadia sat on her bed a few feet away, waiting for her best friend to finish getting ready. The two had taken their time, not wanting to leave the Bearman residence, but had already agreed to plans for the rest of their stay in London.

   Finishing up, Melina turned around with a sigh. "Okay, I am ready!" She stands with a forced smile, further conveying her want to stay.

   The duo make their way out of the room and downstairs, where they found Ollie saying his "goodbye's" to his siblings and parents. The sight was sad to see as the teenager only saw his whole family together a couple times throughout the race season. Both Nadia and Melina knew how hard it was on him, so they decided to sneak around them to give the family a few more moments alone.

Outside Kimi and Jak waited by the car patiently on their phones. They were both dressed in travel clothes which consisted of tee shirts and joggers.

Sensing their presence, Kimi glances up, then back to his phone, then back up again, his eyebrows knitting together. "Why are you so dressed up?"

Melina feigns hurt, clutching her chest as if she'd been deeply wounded. "Are you calling me ugly?"

Kimi quirks an eyebrow, "no, not at all. I'm just wondering why you're wearing that outfit when we have a long car ride ahead of us."  He shrugs, his eyes glancing her outfit over once again.

The girl shrugs, glancing down at her outfit, too. She didn't think it was that dressy, just a pair of black jeans, a frilly white top, and her black and white Adidas Sambas. Sure, she was wearing a full face of makeup and jewelry, but it wasn't anything extravagant.

"I think it's pretty plain, actually." Melina argues, looking back at Kimi to see him smirking at her. A lump forms in the girls throat at his expression, not sure why he was making the face he was.

Kimi goes to speak once again, but the door to the house opens, cutting their conversation off. The Bearman family walks out, Terri has tears in her eyes as she speed walks toward the two girls, engulfing Nadia in a tight hug first.

Once she separates from the girl, only after mumbling incoherent words to her, she moves on to Melina. The elder woman gives Melina a bone crushing hug, her words muffled as Melina's ears are blocked my her tight embrace. She can only make out a few words about visiting again soon before she pulls away.

Terri makes her rounds giving hugs and forehead kisses before she steps back, allowing the others to say their goodbye's.

Finally, the group of teenagers are back in the vehicle. It's only then when Melina sits up straight in her seat, whipping around to face Kimi. "It's your fucking actual birthday today? Why didn't you say anything!?"