Chapter Eight, Revelations.

Two days had passed since the group had gone to the beach and Melina had been rotting in her bed since

Two days had passed since the group had gone to the beach and Melina had been rotting in her bed since. She'd gotten terribly burnt on her shoulders, the one place she'd seemingly forgotten to put sunscreen. The one place Kimi had relentlessly tried to remind her to put it on. Sitting in bed, curled up to her waist in her blanket that had Charles Leclerc's face printed onto it, she slathered aloe vera on her shoulders. Her phone rang beside her and Melina groaned, staring at her sticky fingers. "Siri, answer the call."

   Soon after, Kimi's face appeared on the screen, "mate, what the hell are you doing?" He laughed in a confused tone, only seeing part of the girls shiny shoulder that was illuminated by her purple LED lights.

   "Putting aloe on. And shut up, I don't want to hear it." Melina scowls at the screen, "what do you want."

   "Can I come over? I'm bored." Kimi says, already walking down the steps to the front door. He wasn't going to take no for an answer, and Melina wouldn't object anyways.

   "Well," she pretend thinks, "you're clearly coming over anyways. Bring me a Sprite please!" She says, drawing out the "e".

   "Of course," he rolls his eyes, "see you in ten."

   Melina lets Kimi hang up and proceeds to finish lathering on aloe vera. Once the girls shoulders are perfectly cooled down, she gets out of bed and walks downstairs. Melina begins to make herself a sandwich, texting Kimi quickly to see if he'd want one. Which he replies yes to.

   A knock at the door makes Melina jump, "come in!" She yells.

   "Where are you?" Kimi yells back.

   "Kitchen!" Kimi enters the kitchen, Sprite in hand. "Oh, I could kiss you." The girl squeals, taking the soda from his hands. Kimi grins at her, puckering his lips, "you're so funny." Melina rolls her eyes.

   "Yeah." He shrugs, moving to sit on a chair at the kitchen's island. "Did you make my sandwich?"

   Melina waves the bread in her hand, "what does it look like im doing?"

   "Oh, right, thanks." He grins. "So, should we watch a movie or do you want to do something?"

   "Watch movie, then maybe go on a walk?" She says while finishing making the sandwich, Melina puts it on a plate and hands it to Kimi before biting into her own that she'd already had prepared.

   "Sounds good to me." He nods in agreement. "Thanks." Kimi says, taking a bite of his sandwich.

The two take their plates and food to the living room. Melina had picked the movie, as she always did. She'd rightfully chosen Spiderman; No Way Home. The two had deemed it 'their movie' as they rewatched it together nearly every month.

Halfway through the movie, they'd gotten caught up in conversation about the different Spiderman's and why Toby Maguire was obviously the best.

"Also! I get Andrew Garfield is hot, but like... So is Toby Maguire?" Melina says, clasping her hands together as Kimi laughs, "oh, and why were they trying to sell that Andrew's Spiderman wasn't everyone's crush? Like he's a nerd and skates. Tell me that isn't like ninety percent of the populations type! Exactly. You can't. Sony Pictures and Marvel, you aren't fooling anyone."