Chapter Thirteen, Things to be told.

The summer heat blazed down on the three girls as they floated around Ellie's pool

The summer heat blazed down on the three girls as they floated around Ellie's pool. She'd wanted to spend at least a full day at her own house before she stayed elsewhere. The sun beat down on the girls shoulder, which she'd made sure to lather sunscreen onto.

Sitting on top of her dinosaur floaty, Melina lets out a loud sigh, earning the attention of her friends. "Yes, Lina?" Nadia laughs.

"I was just thinking.." Melina opens her eyes and squints at her friend to block the sun from her eyes, "have you and Ollie talked recently?"

Nadia's eyebrows furrow, "we played darts this morning if that's what you mean"

Pussy.

Melina simply nods and closes her eyes once more. "Oh. Never mind."

"Never mind what?" Nadia uses her hands to push herself closer to Melina, Ellie following suit. "Melina Calliope Vega, what the hell do you mean."

   "Uhm! Personal space people! Personal space!" The girl yelps, lightly pushing her float away from her two friends, "I was just curious!"

   Nadia's dark eyes narrow, "what are you hiding?"

   "Nothing! I was just wondering if you guys have smooched yet!" A giggle escapes Melina's lips as she pushes her float to the edge of the pool.

   Her friend rolls her eyes. "Why the hell would we smooch?" Although she already knew the answer to that. Suddenly, alarm bells go off in the girls mind as she gasps loudly, "oh shit."

   Nadia hurriedly scrambles off her float and swims toward the stairs, rushing up them and nearly falling as she does so. She makes it to her chair and grabs her phone, "he asked if we could talk earlier and I totally forgot!"

   A smirk creeps onto Melina's face as she makes eye contact with Ellie, whose own face is lit up with amusement. "Just be back before dinner! My mom want's to make us all something!"

   Nadia sends her friends air kisses before rushing into the shower rooms to clean up and dress, then leaves in a hurry.

   Melina laughs and slips off her own pool float, swimming toward Ellie, "what do you thinks going to happen?"

   Ellie taps her chin, a grin tugging at her lips, "there's like a fifty-fifty chance he chickens out."

   "I think he'll do it." Melina shrugs, trying not to give away too much.

   "Yeah?" Ellie wipes away a bead of sweat that formed on her forehead and shrugs, "actually, I agree." She says, nodding her head. "It's been a long time coming. I mean seriously, did you see his comments from the day you guys went to the beach?"

Melina laughs, "kid could not form a proper sentence."

As the conversation dies down, Melina rests her head on the bottom of Ellie's unicorn floaty, letting her legs loosely float around in the water. The heat is still as strong as ever as Melina dozes off.