Chapter Twenty one, Horseback riding.

Waking up to bird chirping wasn't unusual for Melina Vega, but waking up to a bird staring at her through a cracked open window? That was

   Waking up to bird chirping wasn't unusual for Melina Vega, but waking up to a bird staring at her through a cracked open window? That was. Letting out a shriek, the girl scrambles from her bedsheets, nearly tripping over them as she tries to cover herself. The bird jumps at the sound before hastily flying off into the countryside.

   Loud voices filled with concern rush into the girls room, looking everywhere for a sign of danger. "Lina?" Kimi's voice breaks through the girls ringing head. "Hello? Are you okay?"

   Soft hands gripping her shoulder brings her back to herself, giving the girl a sense of security before she bursts into laughter, confusing everyone in the room. Terri, Ollie, Amalie, Jak, Nadia, and Kimi all stare at the girl perplexed.

   "Oh my God!" She finally chokes out. "I woke up and a bird was fucking staring at me! Holy fucki—oh hello Amalie." Melina stops her cussing rant and stands up straight, glancing down at the blanket wrapped around her waist as her face flushes.

   At once, all the boys awkwardly exit the room to give the girl some privacy while the women stay. "Sorry! I didn't mean to wake everyone up."

   "It's quite alright hon," Terri chuckles. "There's a bird feeder right beside your window, so the bird are often around this side of the house. I guess I should've warned you."

   Nadia leans against the wall, his shoulders shaking as she laughs. "You scared the hell out of me, I literally hit my head on the door running to you!" She motions toward the right of her skull, where a red line protrudes from her hairline.

   Amalie giggles, "we have breakfast ready! I made crêpes!" The twelve year old girl exclaims eagerly.

   "Perfect, let me get dressed and i'll be right down. Thank you Amalie!" Melina smiles as she drags out the girls name.

   Terri and Amalie exit the girls room, leaving Melina and Nadia alone. Digging through her suitcase, which she had yet to unpack, the girl pulls out a pair of black flared leggings and a crop top, a simple outfit she'd probably change out of later on in the day.

   Dressing quickly, Melina tugs on a pair of socks and follows Nadia out of her room and downstairs into the kitchen. The Bearman's usually ate outside on their patio during the summer, but it was a bit colder today, so they settled for the dining room table instead.

   Sitting down, Melina grabs a crêpe and begins to fill it with strawberries and other various fruits. "What are the plans today?" She asks before taking a bite. The flavor bursts in her mouth and she closes her eyes contently.

   "I figured we could go horseback riding on the trails behind our house." Ollie suggests, "but if not then it's up to you guys."

   Melina's eyes grow large as she attempts to swallow her bite quickly, "oh! Oh! I call riding Juno!"