Chapter Fourteen, Forever and always.

Sitting in Ellie's car outside their local grocery store, Melina patiently waited for her friends

   Sitting in Ellie's car outside their local grocery store, Melina patiently waited for her friends. They'd gone inside with a list Chiara had made to get snacks and drinks for Kimi's birthday party. She hadn't gone in because she'd been nauseous all morning and hadn't wanted to walk around more than necessary.

   It was Ellie's last full day in Italy and since Kimi's birthday was only a few days away, they'd decided to celebrate it early.

   Melina tilted her head back as she tapped her thigh to the beat of "I miss you, I'm sorry" by Gracie Abrams. She'd been deep in thought about how she was going to force herself to be present around Kimi, when the drivers side door opened, nearly giving the girl a heart attack.

   Climbing inside, Ellie chuckled at the startled girl. "You good, Lins?"

   "Yeah, just scared the shit out of me." She laughs along with her friend, glancing in the back to see Nadia climbing in with three grocery bags. "You sure you got everything?" She asks sarcastically.

   Nadia rolls her eyes playfully, "it was your mother in law's list girl."

   Melina's lips form a thin line as she turns back around, staring at the dash board, "so.. How's it going with you and Ollie?" She asks casually.

"Good! I think? Our date is planned for this Friday and i'm really excited." Melina could practically hear the smile on the girls face.

The drive back to Kimi's house is quiet, the girl's all deep in their own thoughts. Melina glances at her phone, staring at the notification from Kimi asking her what time they would be over. Finally forcing herself to reply, she sends him a text saying soon.

As they pull into Kimi's gated drive way, she quickly examines her outfit. She wore a tight black short sleeved shirt that tied in the back, leaving a little bit of her lower back exposed, and a black short skirt with black tights. Her short black heels tying the outfit together perfectly. She'd wanted to dress her best as the Antonelli's had invited a family members over.

   She'd tied her long black hair into a slick half up half down hairdo, with a black bow tying it together. She'd went light on her jewelry and makeup, only wearing small thick hoops, and a silver necklace Kimi had gifted her for her fourteenth birthday.

   She fiddled with the heart that hung from the necklace as Ellie put the car in park and turned it off. She hadn't noticed her friends staring at her until they'd been silent and hadn't exited the car for two minutes.

   "What?" She sighs out, glancing between her friends who both had were looking at her worriedly. "I'm fine." She insists, although unconvincingly.

   Ellie puts a hand on her friends shoulder, "it's going to be fine. Just remember it's only for a couple hours."

   "Yeah." Nadia chimes in from the back seat. "It's his birthday, Linny. Just put those silly feelers aside, and make his day. Then we can make a break for it."