Final Author's Notes

Hello everyone! Wow, this has been such a journey! I started writing Oblivion around the end of last summer and started publishing it in September. I have fallen in love with the story and its dynamics and I'm so absolutely ecstatic that we're at this point. I love each and every person who has contributed to the amount of reads, votes, comments, etc. since this story was published. I hope you'll all stick around to read the different endings I have in store for it.

Every single chapter now has a song associated with it! Check out the A/N chapter at the beginning for the full playlist!

Ending Details:

Speaking of endings, I will be posting a separate ending for each Nozel, William, and Julius. Later on I will also make endings for Patolli and Fuegoleon just for funsies and because I thought about it and fell in love with their endings too. SO! Make sure to give me a follow so Wattpad will hopefully give you a notification when each ending gets published! But just in case, I will add an update here on Oblivion each time a new ending goes live so you all can read it and not be left hanging for forever! I'm so excited to write the differences between each!! 

After each ending is finished, I will leave it open to oneshots that I've thought up that don't exactly fit into the story plotline, plus a couple (hopefully) shorter Alternate Universe endings like: What if Iris chose to join the Silver Eagles? What if William never hurt and scarred Iris and she successfully left Julius and ended up being politely invited to join the Golden Dawn? What similarities and differences would their relationships have?

In the meantime, please enjoy a little more fun content that I have written out below to keep y'all occupied for the time being!

Here are a few fun facts about the story in its early stages and beyond!

-When Oblivion was just a thought, it was originally going to be a love triangle between Nozel and Fuegoleon, but since I had only just begun watching/reading Black Clover for the first time, I didn't know Fuegoleon would end up being put in a coma so I had to change my course! I also hadn't finalized the details of how she got her scar yet so there would have been a huge fear of fire and that would've made her scared of Fuegoleon, gearing it toward Nozel at the start.

-I almost named Iris "Lily" or "Violet" but it didn't feel right.

-Iris being the sister of Marx was one of my first thoughts about the story! I wanted to place her in the universe in a reasonable, natural way and not have her be so commonly orphaned with Asta and Yuno (although there is a similar theme here) or transported from another universe like most authors do. It's so overused and I wanted to stand out. I also wanted her to be older so she could have relationships with Nozel, Will, and Julius and it not be "weird" if you catch my drift.

-Speaking of Marx being Iris' brother, I also based her design, which is on the cover, off of him too. I made sure to really get the eye shape as identical as I could get it, and it started to scare me because without her hair and scar, it looked like I was actually drawing Marx. Even when I added her bangs it looked real fricken weird until I started to color her in.

-I wrote up to chapter sixteen before I started publishing! This was to finalize the early story and tweak anything that could help/be important to the story later on instead of trying to find my way around my own writing and make stupid loopholes. The way I write, I develop the storyline as I go and end up making up weird details as I go so sometimes I need to go back and adjust things.

-Oblivion was originally going to be one story with one set ending, and that ending was going to be with Nozel! That's why I'm writing his ending first. But as time went on and I decided that I really loved William's character and thought of so many plot details that would be great for my MC, I fell in love with their relationship and found myself questioning the ending. For example, "Why does it have to be this way? I love my Willy boy so much and I want him to be happy!" and so I would lay in bed at night and picture what I wanted his ending to be like. 

-Because I'd scrapped the Nozel x Iris x Fuegoleon trope, I completely discarded the thought that Iris had any sort of relationship with Fuegoleon, or how she calls him, "Leon." That was actually not a thought until the later chapters when I started thinking about her backstory, specifically the chapter where they agree to share their first kiss. But I made it all work out!

-Julius was originally not going to be a love interest, but simply the one person Iris trusted to tell her who she was. Because, you know, he's the Wizard King, duh. But the more I thought about the interactions I'd written them in, the more I liked the idea of them having a somewhat toxic relationship due to it being an arranged marriage, although done by themselves. (And no, I don't actually think Julius would be a bad partner in any aspect!)

-The whole miscarriage trope was a last minute decision too. I had to add in the detail that Julius loved how she saved that kid in Nean (wasn't his name Marco or something?) from freezing to death because they'd suffered such a loss. He loved seeing her unconsciously protect a helpless child like that.

-I tried adding in some easter eggs hinting that Iris was pregnant even before she got her memories back. Examples include: her craving for oranges and "morning sickness." She was "craving" an orange while on a date with William and they fed it to each other. Once she got back with Julius, she was drinking orange juice while getting ready for the banquet, to which he commented on having breakfast so late (it was a thought that made him briefly suspect it but he didn't say anything and it will be later talked about in each of the endings, especially his). She later had a mocktail mimosa like she'd done at their engagement party when she was pregnant the first time. There were also many instances in which her tummy felt "fluttery" or "anxious" or "uneasy" when in reality it was just a slight bit of symptoms. Now depending on the ending you're reading, she may or may not have been pregnant the whole time or it was just a coincidence that she craved an orange so early on.

-I think about this story day and night! I like to theorize different ways I can go about things while I'm driving and listening to music (which is how I associate the playlist songs with events in the chapters). This includes exact dialogue and events, down to the very expressions they have on and what they're thinking. 

-Going off of this, I'm a very in-my-head-visual type person, so I can see the events happening in my head before I write them, and so my toughest challenge is to convey what I see in my head into physical words. The right music helps me do that in some instances.

-I also didn't originally intend for Patolli to fall in love with Iris either. With him I knew it was a sensitive subject considering he knowingly sexually assaulted her. But, I figured it would be an added intrigue to the plot as I realized that, if this were real, he probably would have at the very least liked her as a friend or acquaintance since William loves her so.

-Speaking of that sexual assault scene, I had a lot of trouble writing that part due to the severity of it. I wanted to write it in a way that wasn't so dark and terrible and would still be enjoyable to readers. I also wanted it to be enjoyable for Iris but not too much, so her and William's fight afterwards was also an afterthought to balance out the wrongs.

That's it for now! Remember to keep this story in your library for updates on when Nozel's story goes live! I still have to think of a title and make a cover out of a screenshot of his face and UGH there's just so much work to do so it might still be a while. I love you all and hope you'll continue to support this story even though it's now complete!