CHAPTER 4

Ivaan's pov

"How long is it going to take?" I asked the driver.
"Sir, bas aur 5 mins"

Sir, just 5 mins more.

"Till yesterday he wasn't even interested, and now look at him being so impatient" maa said not being so discreet about it.

Upto a certain point it was true, but will I show it to them?

Hell no!

"Am not being impatient I just don't like it when am not on time. There's nothing to do with the girl."

My full family's face beamed with joy just as I finished saying, and I didn't have any idea of what I just said that made them so happy.

"What? Why all of you are smiling looking at me? No, just leave it. It will be another ridiculous thing about me being impatient."

"Bhai, maa ne toh bhabhi ke barei mei bola tak nahi, aap khud hi unke barei mei bolne lag gaye."

"Bhai(brother), mom didn't even say anything about sister in law, you only started to say something about her."

Then I realised what the heck I just said. Sometimes I hate my mouth and brain coordination, they probably stop functioning together when I need it the most.

"Just a slip of tongue, nothing to worry about. Now quit talking, we reached" I said 'cause I didn't want to die out of mortification anymore.

We exited the car and were standing in front of their house. It was a nice place, looked modern yet cozy.

Dad rang the bell, and a few seconds later one woman came and opened the door and welcomed us all.

A couple came to the drawing area and hugged maa and dad, they must be the friends dad was talking about.

And I was just sitting quietly and observing my surroundings as talking with unknown people wasn't my best persuit.

A sudden feeling of nervousness and excitement bloomed in my chest. My hands started to shiver just by thinking that this must be the god's sign I was looking for years. I clutched both of my hands together and just kept on looking on them.

Suddenly I was broken out of my reverie as I heard dad calling my name.

"Ivaan."

"Yes, dad."

"We have been calling you from such a long time, where have you been lost?"

I didn't have any answer to that question. But aunty came to my rescue.

"He must be nervous. It's the same feeling we all have gone through" she said warmly smiling to me.

I couldn't help but return the smile.

"Aah ha! My boy getting nervous, now that's new. Isn't?

I felt my cheeks getting warm by the scrutinizing gaze of all the people around me.

"Come here, meet my friend, Dev Umed Sehgal, he was the general in the Indian army and lover boy of this ultimate woman Meera Sehgal, executive director of Harmony Abode and his wife" he said with a hint of teasing tone to his friend.

The surname, it's the same one.

I took their blessings and Dev uncle firmly gripped my hand while shaking our hands and that was enough warning for me.

"Dev, stop intimidating him. He's our guest and might be our future son in law in the future" Meera aunty persuaded him and that sentence was enough for him and he left my hand and looked at her with so much love in his eyes.