CHAPTER 6

Ivaan's Pov

We came in our car, but something of mine was left behind with her.

Everyone was talking about how happy they were of our decision, how lucky they were to get Inayat as their daughter in law and bhabhi.

But the real lucky bastard was me, right? Or maybe not?

I would soon get everything that I always wanted from God, but what would I do about the looming talk we had in her library?

What went wrong in her life? She was the most precious and sweetest girl in the school, who hurt her so much that she even feared getting loved by someone? She wasn't the Inayat that I first met in the exam hall. She wasn't the Inayat who asked me to help her in the English exam to solve the jumbled sentences. She wasn't the same Inayat who whispered to me yeh toh itna easy sum hai and smiled while looking at my Maths paper.

(This sum is way too easy)

I always asked you god to look out for her. I wasn't there with her, but you were there, then why did she suffer so much? She was your responsibility, you were supposed to protect her.

Now, I won't let anything ever happen to her. I swear to myself. She may not ever love me in our lives but the fact that she would be my wife would remain the same.

"Bhai"

Brother

"Huh?"

"Ghar pahuch gaye, chaliye" Darsh said and went inside.

We reached home, let's go.

I went inside and saw everyone were sitting and talking about calling pandit ji to finalise the dates of our wedding.

Without giving them any chance to call me, I went straight to my room and slumped on the floor with the bed behind me.

I finally met my Inayat, meri jaan.

My life.

I didn't know when my face got wet by my tears. I heard the door opening and saw maa entering my room.

"Ivaan, tum roh kyu rahe ho?" She asked and rushed towards me and sat beside me on the floor.

Ivaan, why are you crying?

I hugged her with all my might and cried.

"Than...thank you maa.. thank you for bringing her back in my life."

Thank you Krishna ji, I whispered with all the relief in my voice.

Tonight, every wish of my life is fulfilled but at what cost?

She wasn't happy, it felt like she wasn't getting married for happiness but rather a kind of checklist she was trying to tick off. Something major happened in her life, that made for what she was now.

But, no matter what, I would stand beside her through thick and thin.

Did you forget, the part where she said that she wouldn't love you Ivaan? My inner voice screamed at me.

No, how could I forget something like that. I clearly remembered. Somewhere around my heart, I believed that it wasn't her telling me that she wouldn't love me but rather, she was made to believe that she wouldn't be able to love anyone.

Be it whatever the case, the fact that I love her would never change, either if I had to live with her without her loving me, it would be fine. I would give enough love to both of us. After all, I had so much love to give it to her of 12 years. I just hope, she didn't shut me out.