Chapter 10

INAYAT’S POV

I took the maggi out of the saucepan and plated it on a plate. I went to my dining table and sat on it, and started eating. I looked at my phone which was face down, took my phone and again checked for any calls, and again there wasn't any text or call.

I already arrived from the office around 6, but still there wasn't any call from him till yet. We were supposed to go together to his parents' place. I finished eating and cleaned the utensils and went to the office space. I should go through some papers for the time being.

It wasn't even 5 minutes, when again my focus went to my phone. I called him almost 4 times till now, he didn't pick my call for a single time. He told me today was less hectic for him and for me as well, that's why we decided to go together.

There must be an emergency, hence he might not be able to pick my call.

It's not even that late. I went through the papers that I needed to go through again tomorrow at the office. Suddenly my phone rang, I picked it up and saw it was Maa calling.

“Hello! Inu, kaha ho tum dono?” Maa asked.

“Maa.. Ivaan ko thoda late hoga so, main wait kar rahi hu” I said and heard commotion from her side.

“Okay, beta. Hum sab aa gaye hai. Tum log bhi jitna ho sake jaldi aao” she said and ended the call.

I went to the balcony and started pacing around. I couldn't stop my mind going to the negative side. Was he okay? Or, did he forget we were supposed to go together? I licked my lips and my hand went to the pendant I was wearing.

I looked down at myself, I was wearing a cream anarkali with a lightly faded floral print on it and paired with a shear dupatta, and suddenly this dress felt suffocating on my body. I clenched my hands together at my sides and closed my eyes and started taking long breaths.

Calm down inayat. I chanted it in my mind.

I opened my eyes and a thought occurred in my mind, what if he already arrived but hadn't been able to get in since he didn't have his name on the visitor list, on dinner night I told the guard bhaiya to let him in, but today I didn't say anything and the guard bhaiya wouldn't be able to call me as well, as the landline hadn't been working.

I walked out of my place and went out to the main gate of the IAS colony. I reached the gate and saw there wasn't any trace of a car, an unsettling feeling started to brew inside me. I saw the guard and called him, “Bhaiya, koi aaya tha kya mujhse milne?”

“Nahi ma'am, subah aaya tha courier se, par abhi toh koi nahi aaya” I nodded.

“Please add one name on the visitor's list to my place” I said and saw him nodding his head and taking out the security tab. I did the necessary things and added Ivaan's name and left from there.

I looked like a mess, I was sweating, my hair was sticking to my forehead and the unsettling feeling wasn't leaving me at all, I blinked my eyes and I rubbed my sternum to ease the growing uncertainty. I looked at the clock, and it was 8, I again called him and again he didn't pick my call. 

I texted him that it was quite late so I went alone. I took my car keys and phone and went away. 

As I drove to their place, I started thinking that I wasn't mad at him, he would have a valid reason for not picking my calls, and high chances were there that it would be an emergency, but… maybe, if he could've at least texted me one word, it would have been enough, I would've understood. I know this wasn't a love marriage but an arranged one, but at least he could've informed me.

I shook my thoughts away and looked at the Google map and saw their place was only five minutes away. I reached their place and a guard opened the gate to let me in. I parked the car and came out.