CHAPTER 2

INAYAT'S POV

My nails digged into my palm, as they took the blood sample for my body check up.

It's not like I am afraid of doing it. Let's be honest, it hurts so bad.
Today, I took a day off, so that I can do my yearly full body check up. Blood test was the last one, so now I am free to go and enjoy my day off with my parents.

Just when I was going out, a doctor came rushing to the blood bank. I couldn't see him as his back was turned towards me.

And then I heard his gravely voice.

"Nurse Kriti, by whatever means arrange blood group B positive, it is very urgent. Contact other blood banks, hospitals, whatever is in your reach. Just be quick, we don't have much time," he said and went away.

But I am standing right there just as I was before. Neither he saw me nor did I. But why am I feeling that I have heard his voice somewhere? Why does his voice gave me unknown peace?

I walked towards the nurse.

"Excuse me, I heard that someone is in need for blood, and I happen to have the same blood group as the patient requires. So is it possible if I donate my blood?" I asked.

"I don't think so ma'am, you just gave blood for your blood test, due to that you anyways will be feeling weak, so I recommend that you don't." She replied

"Oh, I really wanted to help, since it seems like an emergency and I can rest here if you people don't mind after blood donation. And it's also my duty to look after the people." I pursued.

"Let me see ma'am. If I get another donor I'll take it from them. Will you be able to wait, untill I check?"

"Yeah, sure, no problem " I smiled and sat on the metal chair.

I was going through my mails, when the same nurse came near me.

"Ma'am, there's no other match. We need you right now."

I nodded and went with her and gave my details on the register. I gave my blood and due to that I felt weak. A doctor came and prescribed me to take an IV drip and I slept.

After several hours I woke up.
I wore my sandals and brushed my hands on my pants.

I was attending a call and didn't even realise that I took a sharp turn towards the left after coming out of the blood bank.

Suddenly a stretcher was coming from front, and as there were people at the corridor, I stopped for sometime so the patient could go.

And a portable divider was in the middle of the lobby so there was quite a rush, to avoid that I moved away from there.

I was leaning on a wall and waiting for my driver to call. Meanwhile I heard a child sobbing, and I took some steps forward to see.

I saw a boy around 4 to 5 year old crying holding a man's leg. Then I heard his voice, the same voice that I heard today.

God, but again, I can't see his face 'cause his back was towards me and I can't even do anything due to the rush.

I saw the guy crouching down infront of the boy and cupped his face. Then a couple came running there, might be his parents.

Then I heard his voice, the same voice that I heard today.
"Hey champ, what's wrong? Why did you run like that?" he asked.

I don't know why his voice affected me so much? Why does it feel like I know him? There was dull ache in my chest, to get relief from it I put my hands on my chest and gently rubbed over it but this unknown ache was just not going away.