CHAPTER 14

I would recommend you to listen to the above song from a certain part.

Listen to the song only if you are comfortable listening to songs while reading.

Do read the note at last.

Happy Reading!

Inayat's pov

"Can I hold you, Inayat? Please."

I nodded at him and felt his arms surrounding my body. My face tucked gently against his chest, where I could hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

That hug just did something for me, and my body shook as I cried against his chest. I held him tightly as I could, too afraid to lose my arms as I was afraid he would leave if I let my arms loose.

I could hear the soft and heavy murmur of his voice to soothe me. His warmth enveloped me, and for a moment, everything else seemed to fade away. His one hand softly caressed my back while the other held my head and I felt a sense of peace and safety in his embrace, like nothing could touch us in that moment.

At that moment I didn't even know why I was still feeling like that? The hollowness that I was running from, was standing in front of me. And here I was wrapped in a strong embrace of a man who showed me that every time he would be there I let him be.

Suddenly I felt a soft press of his lips on the top of my head, and I melted against his arms.

We stayed like that, him soothing me with his voice and I kept on hearing his heartbeat which matched mine just as if it was meant to be like that.

We both broke the hug, and I wiped my cheeks, "I'm sorry, I got so emotional. I don't know what's wrong with me" I shrugged my shoulders and felt his hands coming in contact with my skin.

He gently wiped my cheeks and swiped his thumb pad under my eyes, and instinctively my eyes closed.

"You've got nothing to apologize for. You have all the rights to feel your emotions, and if someone ever makes you feel otherwise, that's on them, not on you. And to clear your doubt, nothing's wrong with you." He took a step back and gave a small smile.

I smiled back at him. I couldn't understand how he could make me so comfortable around my own messed up emotions. It was so easy to to be around him, I didn't have to pretend myself to be someone else.

We both sat down, "Ivaan, it's okay. I forgive you, for real this time." I said with a grin. A broad smile spread around his face and then I remembered one thing I wanted to ask him tonight.

"Ivaan, why did you make dinner for us tonight?" I asked him with one raised eyebrow.

He stared at me, "Because I wanted to make it up to you. I know, you told me I didn't have to, but I wanted to. And I thought that since you like food, I just thought you would like to eat and we could talk as well, since we didn't meet each other." A hesitant tone lingered in his voice.

A smile grazed my lips hearing him, "It was good. In fact, perfect."

His brows furrowed, "Huh-?"

"The food you made. It was amazing. You have to make it for me again." A teasing tone evident in my voice.

He looked shocked, "You liked it? Really?"

I nodded and warmly smiled.

He looked down at the floor, a shy grin tugging at his lips as he scratched the back of his head. I looked at his side face, and his face was literally shining from how much he was smiling.