CHAPTER 11

**Warning**

This chapter deals with an autoimmune disease known as Multiple Sclerosis, that may be triggering for some readers. The depiction of MS in this book is based on fictional scenarios and should not be used as a source of medical information. If at any point you feel uncomfortable or distressed while reading these references, please consider pausing.

And I do not know much about Multiple Sclerosis, but I'm striving to make the portrayal of multiple sclerosis in my story as realistic and authentic as possible, I took help from Google and did some research, whatever I can make up of it, it's in front of you.

Thank you.

Happy reading!

-----

Ivaan's Pov

I came out of the second surgery and looked at the clock, it was two in the afternoon. A soft smile came on my lips thinking about tonight our date going to be fixed for our marriage. And I need to pick her up.

"Sir, there's an emergency. We need to operate soon." A resident came running and said and left. Like that I was again swamped with back to back surgeries. Today was supposed to be a less hectic day, but it looked like there were more serious cases that needed to be dealt with. But all that matters was that I was going to meet Inayat tonight, a happy feeling erupted in my chest just at the thought of it.

Almost after four pm, the surgery was done and I had been sitting in my cabin for more than 3 hours.

My whole table was full of reports, there wasn't even space to keep a glass of water either. I could feel the stiffness settling in my neck, an unwelcome reminder of the stress I'd been carrying. With a deep breath, I tilted my head to the left until I heard the satisfying crack. I repeated the motion to the right, feeling the tension release with each pop. The relief was immediate, as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

Even when I knew that today was going to be a less hectic day, a crucial case came up which couldn't be left behind. It was a complex case of Multiple Sclerosis, which needed my full attention. And I couldn't rush through it. Each patient's history was like a puzzle to be solved, and with MS, the pieces didn't always get neatly together. It has been hours after the surgeries that I was sitting at my cabin and going through the patients reports, to know all about his history.

I had to carefully trace the timeline of symptoms-episodes of muscle weakness, visual disturbances and many more. It was crucial to differentiate these from other potential neurological disorders. Every detail mattered. As I listened to the patient recount their experiences, I made notes, asking questions to ensure no piece of information was overlooked.

It was exhausting, but it was necessary. The only way to provide the best care was to understand the full picture, and that meant taking the time to delve deep into each patient's history.

"Mr.Bedi I won't say that this is going to be easy, but we can try together to make it better. We can try to minimize the symptoms. If you want to double check your reports from another doctor, it's fine, I can completely understand. And if you want to go through me only, I'll suggest you should start taking the physical therapy and as you said your muscle spasms are more, I'll suggest you take the medications for spasticity. So do let me know what you think?" I looked at him, and saw him in deep thoughts.

"You can take your time. I'm right here." I got up from my chair and turned over to my coffee section, and made a coffee for myself.

Just as I took the first sip, some of my stress got relieved. I can feel the dull ache in my head diluting a little, I looked at the large glass window and saw it was raining, the sun had already set just a few hours ago.