CHAPTER 8

Ivaan's Pov

The door to my cabin got open and one of our staff came in, "Sir, Dr. Bhavna ma'am is calling you"

The whole hospital respected and loved maa like anything. And to show that they respected her, they always called her Dr. Bhavna Ma'am. It feels good when you look at people around you respecting your parents just like they deserve to be.

I nodded and got up, took my apron. Today, there weren't many patients in the hospital unlike most days. And after a long time, today I had only 1 surgery scheduled for midday, which should end by later in the afternoon.

I knocked on Maa's cabin, I entered as I heard a faint come in. She motioned for me to sit in front of her.

Maa looked happy today, she was happy on a regular basis, but right now it seemed it wasn't the regular happiness that we saw everyday, there was something else.

"You know what just happened Avi?" She asked me with curiosity in her eyes.

The last time she called me Avi was when I cried, other than that it's been a long time since I heard her calling me Avi, my nickname was special to my family because I kept it on my own when I was 2 years old, so whole family adored that name. But somewhere along the way it got lost as we grew up.

"You need to tell me first, ma'am, or how else would I have any idea?" I shrugged.

Maa fake glared at me, "Oh please grumpy boy, stop this ma'am thing here. It's only us. Actually, both the families were talking with a pandit ji for the wedding and all the rituals, we need both of your consent and schedule so that we can talk about the date for all the functions. And remember, you have to be there." she said as she clasped both of her hands together and kept on the table and looked at me for an answer.

What should I say? I texted Inayat in the morning, but till now there hasn't been any reply from her side.

Did she hate the idea of going out on dinner, with me so much? It was a whole different thing for me that I didn't consider it just as a normal dinner, for me it was my first date, with her. Or was the flowers were not what she liked? Was she okay? Maybe if I called her plucking up some courage, then I could have gotten a reply?

No, Ivaan that just you and your clingy ass, stop bothering her.

You are man who know how to handle rejections, so calm the fuck down. It wasn't necessary for her to say yes. After all it was her choice.

She didn't replied that's the perfect reply she gave you on your face.

"Ivaan!" Mom shouted, and got up from her chair.

I looked up at her being shocked and saw she was angry, of course she was, after all she was asking me something and here I was thinking about the first rejection of my life.

I opened my mouth to tell her to fix a meeting. When my phone binged with a notification. An instant smile came on my face.

The speed at which I took my phone out of my pocket would be more than the speed of light. I opened my phone, and saw it was a notification from share market. I kept my phone on the table.

The utter disappointment must be written all over my face.

And there was maa standing, with her hands folded to her chest and glaring at me.

"I don't have any problem with any meeting, I'll be there, I'll just send you my schedule so try to fix it accordingly maa" I said with a little bit of innocence that I thought might help me from her anger.

"Why did you just sprang up from your chair to check your phone? What was so important, Ivaan?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

And I knew, I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself anymore.