CHAPTER 7

INAYAT'S POV

The car started and I took the seat at the back and heard my phone ringing.

I took out my phone and saw it was Mahi.

"My god, ma'am! Aaj kal toh aapse baat karne liye aap free hi nahi hoti" she said just as I picked the call.

My god, ma'am! Nowadays you aren't even free to talk.

A smile came into my face as I heard her voice.

"Bahut busy thi kuch dino se. Bahut kuch hogaya hai, tumko kuch batana bhi hai" I said taking my bottle out of my bag.

Was very busy for few days. A lot has happened and I have tell you something.

"Ha ha, thik hai thik hai.. mil lenge. After all tum itna force kar hi Rahi ho toh" she said with sarcasm in her tone.

Okay, okay... We will meet. After all if you are forcing this much.

"Thank you so much Ms. Mahi"

"Do you wanna meet tonight?" I asked as I haven't met her for a long time.

"Actually, am not in Delhi, and will not return soon as well, work trip. So, we can do VC at 8 tonight, if you are free."

"No problem, sure. Oi, main ghar pohch gayi, I'll call later. Bye!" I went out of the car.

Hey, I reached home.

I opened the door and kept my bag on the sofa and lied down. Sometimes these sarees are hectic to wear in such a temperature. Today I wore a cotton saree of light beige and brown shade and blue lotus print blouse and my favourite oxidised jhoomke.

I liked getting ready and somewhere around all mishaps of my life it made me believed that it wasn't worth it. There were days, were my insecurity came out on full force, just like on that day. But on some days, I'm all normal.

As I was going to therapy, I came to realize that, no matter what people tell you to wear and comment about, if something was there that you liked, felt confident and comfortable, then one should wear it.

Then why were you feeling self conscious that day? Sometimes I hate my inner voice.

Because, that was one of the insecure days. I huffed and got up and sat down.

I am feeling good today, yeah! GOOD.

It's been a long time that I have felt this way. I got up, tied my hair in an updo and then went to room to change. I came out of it, saw it was only 7pm now, I could clearly have a snack right now.

So I took some pasta, as I already had the pasta sauce, so it didn't take too much time. I played some songs and started making my favourite food. I went to my library space that I have created in my office room. I picked the book where I left off.

I saw it was already, 8:45pm. She didn't call me, neither picked mine. Then saw a message pop up on my phone.

MAHI: Right now I do not feel like talking, so let's chat some other time, sorry!

Disappointed? Absolutely. I am not the most fun loving person to talk. Even if I wouldn't tell her this, but it hurts. Just because, I don't show it doesn't mean it's not there in the first place.

Then I remembered what Reena once told me about my problem.

Inayat, it isn't necessary for everyone to go out with you or talk to you, just because you want to. You wanted to go out and you asked and they said no, that's simple, because it was your plan, they were not bound to follow your choice. They have theirs. If you don't accept something like that, it's obvious, you will get hurt. So expect things from yourself, rather than others. And you know as well, from whom you could expect and from whom not.