CHAPTER 5

Inayat's pov

We both were sipping our coffee while being sat on the window sill seating area. It was my favourite place, I didn't say anything about it, he just followed me and sat with me with a respectable distance between us.

He was looking outside of the window, where there was our garden, it wasn't something lavish, a simple and small garden. Our garden didn't have lots of flowers because I wasn't fond of it. To be precise, I feared most of them. But, there were some, which I liked. My family believed I was wired differently cause apparently who didn't like flowers. So that's why our garden had orchids, white lilies, white roses and other than that there were just plants and trees.

And top of that, I had a habit of attaching a name tag on the plants that I planted myself. I gave names to them and in the corner I just wrote Inayat's cute babies.

The way he was looking towards the garden, I just hope he didn't see the name tags and specially my name written on it.

It was going to be mortifying.

I looked at him, he looked handsome. There wasn't any doubt about it. But who knows he might end up being like them. I would never be able to trust a person. But here I am, talking with someone to spend the rest of our lives together. What an irony!

He was wearing a brown cotton shirt with beige trousers. His hair was styled as if he didn't spend much time on it, yet it looked beautiful on him. One strand of his hair was falling on his forehead, which didn't bother him, but it made me uncomfortable, I wanted to smother it out.

He had hazel eyes, which glowed with moon light as it came from the window. It looked serene and peaceful. He had a look in his face that screamed he was satisfied. His gaze could be pierced through one's skin and look all over the soul.

"Tell me something about your hobbies?" I asked breaking both of us from our reveries.

He looked at me, "Right now I don't have any hobbies left, from the time I've been appointed as a doctor, I hardly get time to give myself. Now, I don't even remember what the things that I used to like were" he said while looking out the window towards the garden with a hint of hurt in his voice.

I waited cause I knew he wasn't here with me. He was somewhere else, somewhere which wasn't pleasant at all.

"Agar humari shaadi hui, tabh bhi aapke pas humare liye time nahi hoga?" I asked the question to distract him from his unpleasant thoughts, but something must be definitely wrong with me cause who freaking asks this type of question.

Even if we get married, you won't have time for us?

He turned his face at lightning speed which made me believe that he must have pulled a muscle in his neck. His eyes widened a little bit, completely not expecting something like that from me. I myself wasn't expecting something like that from me as well. He came out of his daze and spoke.

"Agar aap zindagi mei aati hai tabh toh humari sari hobbies bhi aap aur sara waqt bhi aapka" he said smoothly with a gaze that made me feel he wasn't bluffing.

If you come into my life, then all my hobbies will you and so will be my time.

But how can I believe him? It wasn't like I was his long lost best friend, it won't take time for him to completely turn his back on his words, cause nobody stayed true to their words. I saw and felt it years ago.

"But what about the fact that you are a doctor and am an IAS? That won't change" I further asked him, I wanted to know what he would answer.

"Ab woh fact toh change hone wala nahi. Lekin ekk chiz zaroor change ho sakta hai. Mujhe pehle apne Ghar aana pasand nahi hua karta tha, khali sa lagta tha. It was true I love my privacy that's why I live on my own, but you know.. agar aap aati hai tabh toh ekk dam sahi waqt mei aake humare ghar pe haazir ho jaunga, without any complaints from your side."