CHAPTER 3

Ivaan's pov

Like as maa said, I was standing right in front of my parent's house. Nothing makes me want to ring the doorbell and talk about the looming menace.

The door opened by one of the househelper.

"Goodmorning Ivaan baba, ma'am and sir are waiting for you in the living area."

I nodded and took tentative steps towards them.

I saw maa-dad talking with darsh in the living area.

"Ivaan you came. It's been such a long time that we have seen you. We missed you" maa exclaimed with a beaming smile.

"It was day before yesterday that you saw me in the hospital maa." I knew the exact reason why maa and dad were missing me.

"But that doesn't mean that we don't miss you. Now sit with us, you already know we have something to talk about."

Forbidden topic of my life, that I didn't like to talk about, that's what they were implying on.

Marriage.

I sat with Darsh who was looking at me with pity in his eyes, cause he knew that I hated it.

I moved my eyes towards dad and my hands clenched towards my side as I felt today I won't be able to stop whatever was going to happen here.

"Ivaan, let me come straight to the point. Now you are 29, I know you are still young but we really want you to settle down now. We talked about this some years ago and you said that you weren't interested and ready and we respected it. Now I clearly believe that if we leave this matter in your hands, you would end up being all alone in your oldage."

"Dad I'm no-" I was interrupted by dad.

"I haven't finished talking. And I meant it about the oldage. I think it's right time for you to get married. So, do you have someone whom you love and want to spend the rest of your life together?"

Yeah, I do have one, it's not even recent. It's been years since I knew whom I wanted to spend my life with.

But what was the use of my wish, when it could never be true.

My heartbeat started to skyrocket as I felt anxiety building in my body. My frontal neck started to warm up. I knew exactly what was happening to me, but I had no other option left.

I had to answer them.

"To be honest, I don't want to be married, not now and maybe also not in the future. And I don't have anyone in my life. So can we please not talk about this."

"Ivaan life is not a garden full of roses. There will be days that it's going to wither out, so on those days you need manure. Just like rose garden we too need a person in our life, someone who could support you and vice versa. We do know your reason because of your life is just about work. You don't know anything else other than that."

How do I tell maa that my life would have been many things if I had her? My life had other things when she was there, even when she was not.

I poked my tongue inside my side cheek.

"So what, you people going to force me to marry, when I clearly don't want to?" I raised my voice.

I felt rage bubbling inside me that would explode if this was going to continue anymore. Not on them but rather on this topic.

"Ivaan, watch your tone. This is not your hospital. I understand you are annoyed. But think from a cool mind. You said you don't have anyone, so we were thinking of someone for you". Maa said