Chapter 16

Maple's ear twitched, her eyes narrowing as she turned her head to look behind her.

Small, black eyes glinted in the bushes, and they locked with Maple's for a few seconds before charging towards Flowertail and Menace.

"Watch out!" Maple hissed, before jumping in the way, launching herself at the badger.

Flowertail and Menace both whirled around to watch the badger get tangled in a fight with Maple, the latter in a blue blur

"Shouldn't we be helping her?" Flowertail asked, transfixed by the blue flashes from Maple.

"No, this is totally fine." Menace replied, relaxed.

"Your sister fighting for both our and her lives all alone against a badger is fine?" Flowertail resisted the urge to jump at the badger. "You are way too calm about this."

"She'll beat it in a minute, just watch." Menace answered, unfazed. 

"I'm not sure if I should be unsettled by you or hopeful that this badger will get rid of Maple." Flowertail snorted.

Maple slashed the badger's throat and turned to Flowertail and Menace. "You're welcome." She sneered smugly.

"You're covered in blood. You must be injured badly." Flowertail retorted.

"It's the badger's blood." Maple growled back. "But it will be yours soon if you don't shut up."

Flowertail groaned. "You're annoying. And what was that with the blue energy thing?"

"Maple has this thing where she gets really fast when she fights. She has this sort of blue tint." Menace shrugged.

Maple narrowed her eyes at Menace. "Are we going to find Nyx or not?" She demanded.

"Yes...we're going now." Menace announced.