Chapter 60: Meet

It rained very late that day, but Gu Huaiyu was in an unprecedented relaxed and happy mood.

Because Xie Wei was coming back, he didn't lie to him.

After that, it rained intermittently for two days in Kyoto. Xie Wei's house was completely flooded, the beams collapsed, the walls fell off, and not a single piece of furniture was saved.

Gu Huaiyu had no choice but to move to a house in the city center where he had lived with Xie Wei for a while.

Gu Huaiyu planned to renovate Xie Wei's house and bought the scrapyard for this purpose.

He always acted vigorously and resolutely. After buying the scrap station, he hired a construction team to bulldoze the land, and then he stayed at home and drew up the design draft.

Mid-July is Fu's mother's birthday and also her and Fu's father's 30th wedding anniversary.

Gu Huaiyu cut into the rough jade stone that Gu Dajun gave him. It was a very rare black jadeite and a very pure ice species.

Ink jade grown with high ice content like this is easy to crack. There are many cracks in the best places for planting, and bracelets cannot be produced. There is also cotton in the places where the bracelets are, making it not transparent and beautiful.

Gu Huaiyu simply asked someone to dig out the beads and make a black jade necklace.

He designed the two largest beads, which can be used as earrings or rings, and can also be used as pendants when hung on platinum chains.

Where there was room for a bracelet, I made a bracelet from the goods. I made a pair of landscape plaques from the remaining materials, and even carved a piece of Pixiu for Gu Dajun to play with.

Gu Huaiyu put the necklace into a custom-made jewelry box, waited for Fu's mother's birthday, and took the gift back to Fu's house by car.

This birthday, the Fu family didn't have as big a celebration as the last time they celebrated Gu Huaiyu and Fu Wen's birthday. They only invited friends who had known each other for many years.

Gu Huaiyu left early, and when he arrived at Fu's house, his relatives and friends had not yet arrived.

The iron-carved fence in front of the villa was wrapped with fresh lilies containing water drops, and the door was also hung with a garland of lilies. The servants at home were busy building a canvas shed on the lawn to provide shade, and no one noticed Gu Huaiyu.

Gu Huaiyu opened the door with the password and walked in carrying the gift.

Pushing open the hidden shoe cabinet in the entrance, Gu Huaiyu didn't see the slippers he often wore inside.

In the past, Gu Huaiyu would not have cared about such a trivial matter, but Shang Yan's words on the day of the heavy rain made a certain nerve in his mind instantly sound the alarm.

He called Mama Fu yesterday and everything was as usual. Mama Fu asked him to come back early today.

Gu Huaiyu was not sure that in just one night, the memory of him would be completely erased from this family.

While Gu Huaiyu was hesitating, footsteps came from the living room, and soon a neatly dressed Fu Wen appeared in front of him.

Gu Huaiyu held his breath unconsciously and looked at Fu Wen slightly nervously.

Fu Wen's eyes also fell on Gu Huaiyu. He was very calm and could not tell his emotions.

The two looked at each other for a few seconds. Fu Wen was the first to break the silence, "Who are you?"