Squirrel turned Turtle

Hi there everyone. Sorry took some time, had to think of what to do. Anyway, here's the second part to those who're reading.

Walking into the Pokemon Laboratory, Ash noticed quite a lot of things: rows and rows of pokeballs, equipment and machinery for various uses in the Pokemon world. A whole room filled with berries and Pokemon food reserved each by the Pokemon and its taste.

"Professor, Where are we headed?" Ash asked, confused.

"Just follow me" Professor Samuel Oak says, walking towards a room with a lock.

Ash looked at the lock and saw that it had an emblem of a group of Pokemon, The Legendary Birds of the Kanto Region: Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos and a fourth one, which Ash could not pretty much comprehend, due to the dirt on the lock.

"It's been quite some time since I opened this room", Oak spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Why are you opening it now, then?" replied Ash, genuinely confused by the whole situation.

"It needs immediate attention, that's why." replied Oak before silencing Ash as he spoke.

A sudden wave of blinding light blew out of the room as it was slowly opened. The doors creaked and needed some oil to make it work smoothly again. As Ash walked into the room, he saw that there were various machinery, majority of them, as he thought, stopped working for not being used for a very long time. He saw multiple Pokeballs in the distance.

"Ash, are you ready for your destiny?" Oak asked, pointing to the Pokeballs.

"What are those?" Ash asked.

"Those contain 3 of the main Pokemon every trainer needs on their journey."

"Starters, right? Then why keep them in a room? And how many years are they locked up since?"

"Approximately 20 years"

"Why do you lock them then?"

"They are not your regular Starter Pokemon. They are the same ones but there is something different"

"What is it?"

"These Pokemon have been studied since they were young, these 3 have been brought out to their ultimate potential even being at their First Stage."

"Wait really!?" Ash was shocked as to what was going on, but he was impressed about it.

"Yes, really. Now, choose your pick. Also, beware. Don't wake them up"

Ash slowly walked up to the front of the machine and saw the regular Starters: Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. This puzzled Ash as what was happening. There was nothing different, however, he noticed that they were kept in a special liquid within their Pokeball. He slowly inspected the sleeping Pokemon and lifted a Pokeball. The machine suddenly started to go underground, with the floor below it opening. Ash got startled but he couldn't do anything. He walked back to Oak with the Pokeball he chose and pointed it to him.

"A Squirtle then?" Oak said, inspecting the Pokemon inside the ball.

"Yes!" Ash replied.

Oak turned around and flicked a switch on the wall. A sudden light went off and a table appeared in the middle of the room. Ash walked up to the table and noticed a few things on it: A Pokedex, Pokeballs, Map of the entire Kanto region. Ash picked up the Pokedex and stuffed it in his pocket. He took the Pokeballs and stuck them to his belt, covering it with his shirt. He took the map and tucked it into a small compartment in his bag. He lifted his bag up and put it on, making Squirtle's Pokeball fall down from the table. It suddenly split in two, the liquid scattered everywhere and a Squirtle was now on the floor. It had an expression of anger on its face but Ash couldn't do anything about it.

He went closer to the Pokemon but it smacked him in the face with its tail. Ash sighed and picked up Squirtle. Squirtle listened to Ash and followed his words (Ash got to know after commanding some things), but just likes to give Ash a smack with its tail. Ash picked up the Pokemon, still getting hit and tried to put it into another Pokeball, but no. The Squirtle was unable to go into the Pokeball even after multiple tries. Ash was confused but then he understood that he needed the liquid to make the Pokemon go in, however it was lost and there was no more of it.

Ash put Squirtle on top of his as a cap and Squirtle started to place its tail on Ash's face to distract him from talking. Oak walks up to Ash and hands him a parcel.

"Show this to the Pewter City Gym leader...only if you win." Oak said, placing the parcel on Ash's hands.

"Alright, I will..." Ash replied as he walked out into the Sun from the dark room. The place felt special for Ash, it was the routine locations of Pallet Town that Ash saw but he felt something different, something more exciting and something waiting for him at the end of his destination but what might it be...is what Ash is yet to figure out.

Thanks to everyone who has read this part and is following me. I know it's been late but the next parts won't be late, I'm sure of it.

-Rithwik...