Thundering Power

Ash approached the Vermillion City Gym with Pikachu perched confidently on his shoulder. He was ready to face Lt. Surge for the third gym badge. The large gym doors creaked open, revealing the imposing figure of Lt. Surge, who was waiting for him inside.

Surge crossed his arms and gave Ash a nod of recognition. "Well, well, if it isn't the boy who took Pikachu from me. Looks like you managed to tame it. I'm impressed."Ash nodded. "Pikachu is a great Pokémon. We're here to challenge you for the Thunder Badge!"

Surge grinned. "You got guts, kid. But it'll be a one-on-one battle. Let's see if your Pikachu has what it takes." He threw a Poké Ball into the air, and his Raichu appeared, sparks crackling around its cheeks.

Ash thought for a moment about which Pokémon to choose, but before he could decide, Pikachu jumped off his shoulder and positioned itself in front of Raichu, ready to battle."Pikachu wants to fight!" Ash exclaimed, a mix of surprise and pride in his voice.

Surge's grin widened. "Alright then, let's see what you got. Raichu, Thunderbolt!"

Raichu unleashed a powerful Thunderbolt, but Pikachu was quick. "Pikachu, dodge and use Quick Attack!" Ash commanded.

Pikachu moved with lightning speed, evading Raichu's attack and striking it hard. Raichu staggered but quickly recovered.

"Raichu, use Iron Tail!" Surge shouted.

Raichu's tail glowed metallically as it swung at Pikachu. "Pikachu, counter with Iron Tail!" Ash called out.

The two Pokémon's tails clashed with a resounding impact, creating a burst of sparks. Pikachu leaped back and then used Agility, becoming a blur as it darted around the battlefield, confusing Raichu.

"Now, Pikachu, use Slam!" Ash directed.

Pikachu shot forward and hit Raichu with a powerful Slam, knocking it off balance. Surge's Raichu struggled to get up, clearly worn out.

"Finish it with Quick Attack!" Ash commanded.

Pikachu shot forward once more, hitting Raichu with a final blow that sent it tumbling. Raichu lay on the ground, unable to continue the fight.

Surge's eyes widened in shock, and then a slow smile spread across his face. "Well, I'll be. You and Pikachu make a great team. You've earned this." He walked over to Ash and handed him the Thunder Badge.

Ash took the badge with a broad smile. "Thank you, Lt. Surge. We worked hard for this."

Pikachu, beaming with pride, received a treat from Ash, munching on it happily.

Surge nodded in acknowledgment. "You're something special, kid. Keep up the good work, and you'll go far. Congratulations on your third gym badge."

With the Thunder Badge in hand and a sense of accomplishment, Ash and Pikachu left the gym, ready for the next leg of their journey.