The potion

A couple of days had past by. She didn't see Lucius again but she knew that he was still taking care of her because she noticed that Dobby was always around her room. Here and there different books were appearing on her desk. But not only didn't she see Lucius she also never saw Narcissa. For example when Rebecca arrived for breakfast, lunch or dinner no one was around. They already had eaten or would eat later. It was really strange but she didn't give a second thought when on one day Dobby came into her room telling her that Lucius wanted to talk to her. She quickly got up and went downstairs while Dobby was walking beside her. Suspiciously she looked down on him. "I can go alone you know?" Dobby nodded feeling uneasy. "Master Malfoy told me to follow Miss Black," he said in his quirky voice. Rebecca sighs.  "Of course he told you that."

She walked inside the living room and immediately stopped by the sight of a person she didn't expected to be there. "What is he doing here?" Rebecca asked. "You said no one could enter this house. Why did you lie to me?" She took a few steps back. "I didn't lie to you I only changed the spell. I trust him." Rebecca was still in shock seeing Severus standing so close to Lucius. "I let you into my mind. You know what happened between us. I trusted you Lucius." Severus crossed his arms infront of his body. "I told you she wouldn't want to see me," he turned towards Rebecca, "Even tho you asked me to help you not even a few weeks ago," Severus said.

"He is a death eater Lucius how can you trust him?" Rebecca asked in disbelief ignoring Severus words.
Severus snuffed. "You didn't tell her?" Lucius looked angry at his friend. "Shush it Severus now is not the time." Rebecca raised her eyebrows. "Don't talk like I'm not here. I am not deaf. What does he mean?" she asked. Severus looked amused. "Show it to her or are you hiding it?" Lucius looked at them both like he was about to murder someone. Rebecca took her steps forward again. She pulled up his sleeve. Lucius was about to snap his arm back but she held onto him with all her strength.

There it was. The dark mark. "Since when? How couldn't you tell me such an important thing?" He pulled his arm back and hid it again. "It's complicated," Lucius said. "Yes sure everything is complicated. Always," she rolled her eyes. Severus cleared his throat.

"Not to get in between you two lovebirds but being here is not everything I wanted to do today but whatever Lucius has already told me what your mother did. I only need some," Severus took her hand and got a knife out. Rebecca didn't had the time to take her hand away as Severus quickly slid into her hand. She gasped. "Blood," he finished his sentence and let it run into a bottle. Lucius pressed a napkin on her wound. He looked even more angry than before at Severus. "You could have warned her," he said between his teeth. "Oh come on as if she would have let me do it," Severus looked at the red blood in the potions bottle.   "Can you guys stop talking like I am not here?" Rebecca said annoyed.

They all went downstairs into a slightly modern potions room. It didn't look that old and rotten like most wizards would have in their basement. Everything looked tidy and neat. While Severus started working on the potion the other two were standing slightly to the side.

"You can not tell anyone alright?" Lucius said quietly. Rebecca leaned against a counter looking at what Severus was doing. She felt like no one understood her. Ever. How could all of them be so blind. "Rebecca promise me," he said urgently. She finally looked at him. "Who should I tell? I have no one," she said and let herself down on a chair. Lucius grabbed himself another chair and sat down next to her. "I just don't understand why all of you would follow such a racist brutal man." She thought about her brother and how she had found out that her friend was one of them. "I know you don't understand but if you would listen to him just once you would. It's a shame you don't get how important our pure bloodline is. It's such a devastating thing that they didn't get to divide Hogwarts like they wanted to do." Rebecca didn't like the talk about pure blood and everything that comes with it. It just brought hate and death.

"What does your wife say?" Rebecca asked sassy. Lucius tried not to roll his eyes. "She fully supports me." Rebecca nodded. "Of course she does. Her sister Bella adores him." She got up and walked over to Severus. "Is it finished now?" She asked annoyed. He just had filled it in another bottle. The liquid was dark red and was smelling really bad. "Drink it tonight before you go to bed. It will knock you out. I told Lucius the spell he has to say but if you want I can do it." Lucius took the bottle out of his hand. "No I will do it." Quickly Rebecca snatched the bottle out of his hand and walked away back into her room.

"Was that really necessary?" Lucius asked as he walked over to his friend. Severus shrunk his shoulders. "What is she even doing here?" He waved his wand to clean up the mess he had made. "You are married now. Your wife is pregnant."
"Don't you think I know that? If you would have stayed a true friend to her you would have known what is going on in her life right now and why she is here." Lucius leaned against the counter crossing his arms infront of his body while watching Severus.
"You know that our lives drifted apart."
"No you only turned your back on her because she didn't had feelings for you. You could have stayed friends. Cause right now she really could use one," Lucius said reproachful. "Why?" Severus asked. "Her father has died." "Orion is dead? How?" He slightly started to feel sorry for his behaviour.
Lucius locked the door as if he was scared that Rebecca would come back any minute.

"The dark lord has found out that Regulus was going to betray him. He knew how much his family meant to him. He wanted to punish him."
"Don't tell me you did it. If Rebecca finds out she will never ever talk to you again." Severus was now standing across from him as he had cleaned up everything. "Are you crazy? I wouldn't kill her father but I know who poisoned him but that doesn't matter. She doesn't need to know."
Severus shook his head.

It was late at night when Lucius knocked on Rebecca's door. "Yes please," she said. She had already changed into a comfortable satin black pyjama. Lucius looked for a second at her than he grabbed the bottle that was standing next to her. "Drink it." He gave it to her. Without saying anything she took off the lid and drank it. It tasted awful. Like rotten egg with a lot of iron. Lucius pointed his wand to her head and whispered the spell that Severus had told him earlier.

After two minutes they both waited for something to happen like a sign that it working. "Do you feel any different?" He asked. She wanted to say no but suddenly her eyes turned backwards and so did her back. Her whole body started cramping and shaking on her bed. "Rebecca!" He said shockingly. He got into the bed too holding her body still. The cramping was gone as quickly as it had started. She had passed out. Lucius held her in his arms wiping away the few hair strands that had fallen into her face. He kept caressing her hair until he fell asleep as well.