Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 1

Running through the damp forest, I trip, breathing heavily. I look around frantically and hope that no one is around. I hear a sharp crack, then someone says, "Hey, there he is." I look back, seeing a guy the size of a bear. He has a twisted smile. I look into his eyes and freeze with fear and feel his bloodlust. He grabs me by the arm, saying, "You shouldn't try to run away this time, boy." I look at him with fear in my eyes while nodding.

He tugs me back the way we both came from. We stop in front of a rundown building. He opens the door, then drags me inside. He points to a chair as he says quickly, "Sit down and don't get up unless I tell you to." I sit down as I look around the dark room then notice the mold on the walls, and the cobwebs in the corners of the room. I look down at the rotting floorboards. The door opens and two people enter the room. Then the guy who told me to sit down tells the other guy, "He is a tough one. If you're up for the challenge, you can take him, but to warn you if he sees a chance to escape, he more than likely will. He's done it three times this week."

The other guy smiles as he says "I won't need to worry about that." He walks up to me then puts his hand on my head, then gets down to my level and looks me in my eyes continuing what he was saying "Now do I?"

I look into his eyes with fear, then the guy who put me in the room says, "Then take that thing and leave."

The other guy looks at the guy who brought me here as he says, "You both should call me Doc, ok?" The guy who brought me here holds his hand out as Doc gets up and walks to him.

Doc shakes the guy's hand as the guy says, "You should call me Harry, then."

Doc looks at me then says, "How about you stay here for a second while I go look at someone else, but don't worry, I won't forget you." I sit there frozen with fear as the door closes and the voices of Doc and Harry slowly fade away.

I sit in the dark room for what feels like hours when I hear Doc and Harry's voice getting closer. The door opens, then Doc walks in with a girl about the same age as me. He says to both of us, "You two are now teammates." I look at the girl, noticing that she has a bloody lip. I get up, then walk up to her and wipe the blood off her lips.

She looks at me with dead eyes as Harry says, "Who told you that you could move?" Harry walks up to me and is about to punch me when Doc steps in the way.

Doc smiles at Harry as he says, "Who said you could punch my stuff?"

Harry looks at him confused then realizes and says, "Sorry, I had forgotten that you are going to take both him and her, the two troublemakers." Harry points to the girl as he says, "The one who always starts fights with people," he then points to me continuing, "and the one who runs away every time he gets the chance."