Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 15

I look him in the eyes as I ask ignoring what he said, "Who is this Noah you were talking about, and what is the serum?"

He looks at me with a worried expression then says, "The serum was made from the blood of a half demon named Noah and he was someone who came to this facility. He's also one of the only surviving test subjects." My head hurts, making me fall to the floor because of the pain. The guy crouches down next to me, then says, "Noah's project name is Forty-Four."

I slowly get to a sitting position as I say, "My name is Forty-Four."

The guy nods as he says, "Then remember my name."

My head stops hurting, then I hear my voice say, "Will do. What should I do, Henry?"

I look up at him then ask, "Is it Henry?"

He nods, saying with an eccentric tone, "Good job. I'm surprised you can remember my name, Noah."

I look him in the eyes while saying, "Noah's gone, but Forty-Four is here and I want to know what the serum did to me."

He looks at me saddened then says, "It made you forget everything about yourself, but you better get going before he finds out you're not in the room." I nod, then sneak out of the lab and back into the room with the beds.

I sneak back into my bed, then hear Zero-Zero ask, "Where were you just now?" I ignore her question while focusing on trying to fall asleep. I fall asleep hearing her berate with questions.

I wake up finding the sword Zach gave me right by my bed. I get up while stretching, then squat down to pick up the sword and find a jacket underneath the bed. I pull the jacket out, then realize the scent is familiar. I put the jacket on, then hook the sheath of the sword to my waist. Zero-Zero looks at me, then asks, "Where did you find that jacket?"

I look at her, then say with a slight smile, "I found it under the bed." She shrugs as Zach enters the room with an annoyed look. Zach looks at me, then asks, "Can you come here for a second?" I nod, then walk up to him, wondering why he is annoyed. He drags me into the hall after grabbing my arm, then asks, "Why were you in the lab last night? I'm not blind, you know. I saw you."

I give an awkward smile while I say, "Because I was curious about what was in there."

He sighs, saying, "Alright, then you didn't want to hurt Henry." I look at him, confused, as he says, "I'm sending you on a mission. Is that alright with you?" I nod, then he pulls out two pictures while he says, "Go to a slave market on the outskirts of the city and get these two." I look at the pictures of two people around the same age as me. My head hurts, then my mind flashes an image of a damp room.

I take a deep breath as my headache subsides, then I take the pictures, asking, "Where's the place?"

He smiles saying "on the outskirts of town south of here." I nod, then walk out of the room while looking at the pictures. I look down the hall, seeing that the floor has been stained with my blood.