Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 13

One of the people aimed their gun at me while saying, "Get out of this room, both of you." Both me and the girl leave the room with guns aimed at us.

The one aiming a gun at us orders us to sit down facing the man and the woman. As we sit down, I hear someone say, "So we are taking the kids?" A quick little "Yeah" followed. I try to look around but then have a barrel of a gun shoved into the back of my head. I look at the guy, then he gives me a reassuring smile as the person who had pointed the sword at him stabs him in the back going right through the chest. A loud "Crack" sounds out around the room then the person pulls the sword out of the man. I watch the blood drain from his chest and tears run down my face. I look at the person's sword as blood drips off of the blade. I look at the woman who is sobbing, then at the girl who is also crying.

The first one to speak walks up to me and asks, "Why aren't you crying as bad as the other two?" I look into their eyes and see how excited they are. They shrug while saying, "He must be in that much shock." They walk up to the woman, then put their gun onto her head. My body moves on its own and jumps at the girl, then covers her face as I hear a gunshot. I feel warm drops splatter across my back. I look behind me, seeing the woman's lifeless body slump to the floor with a hole in her head. The person walks up behind me then puts the barrel of the gun to the back of my head and says "Everyone can or everyone could be spared, you never have a choice and even when you do, you try to choose the best path to not be your parents." I hear a gunshot, then feel my head get warm. My body goes limp and I fall onto the girl.

My vision goes in and out while thinking, "I've felt this before when I pushed Zach out of the way."

I black out, then wake up in the same room with a guy standing next to me. He smiles while saying, "You actually survived the bullet. I thought these bullets were made to kill demons like you and me. I guess if you don't destroy the core, then you can't die."

The guy picks me up and I jolt awake in my room with Zero-Zero sleeping on her bed. I look around the room, then notice that the IV is gone. I smile a little, then hear the door open and footsteps walking towards me. I look up, then see Zach with a warming smile. He walks up to me and hugs me, asking, "Why did you protect me?"

I feel tears run down my back, then I say, "I don't really know why." He looks me in the eyes, then I see pure craziness and insanity in his eyes. Tears run down his face while he smiles.

He says, "My daughter is on the brink of death and is now in a coma. She is on the track of dying in a month."

I look at him with fear, then ask, "Can I do something to help?"

He smiles at me with a demented smile, then asks, "How much do you remember?"