Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 18

Zach puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "Put your sword away." I sheath my sword. Then he continues saying, "I didn't expect to see you so soon again after the last time we worked together, Lily."

Lily looks at Zach, then asks, "What are you doing here and why?"

Zach smiles and says, "Trying to get the thing to help my daughter's condition from worsening."

I look at him, confused, then Lily says, "You can't mess with anything about the demon empire. We killed the Demon lord so that the war could end. Don't start it up again after we made that clan the strongest, and the mayor became the new demon lord a couple of years ago."

I look at her, then hear Zach say, "I can't lose her after I lost my wife."

Lily looks at me, then says, "You joined us for the mission, for your daughter, right?" Zach nods then Zero-Zero runs out of the room with a little smile that slowly fades after she sees what is happening. Lily looks at Zero-Zero then says, "Are these two a part of the group you said you would make?"

Zach nods and says, "They are my O.W. force."

Lily looks into my eyes, and I feel her staring into my soul. She says, "That guy doesn't remember anything about his past, does he?"

I look her in the eyes and say, "You are incorrect. I remember some things, not all of it but some."

Zach looks at me as Lily says, "So you know how inhumane this project is?"

I nod then ask both of them, "What happened that night if you were there?"

Zach looks at me as he says in an angered tone, "You were trying to protect your sister, then your father got killed in front of both of you. After that, one of our men questioned you, then went over to your mom and shot her in the head and you shielded your sister from seeing it. Then the guy who held his gun up to you shot you in the head and the group has been disbanded until recently, when my activity was revealed." I look at Zero-Zero and then notice that she is passed out. Zach grabs my arm and tells Lily, "You need to leave." She nods and runs away with a guilty look.

Zach drags me a little further than the training room, then clicks a pattern into the wall. The wall opens, then he throws me into the room; I look around the room seeing a chair with metal panels on it. Zach grabs me by the collar of my shirt and throws me into the chair, then tightens straps around my body. He smiles, then says, "So you do remember. Let's have some fun then."

I look at him then ask, "What type of fun?" Zach walks to one wall in the darkened room and flips a switch, then I feel a shock go through my body. I feel my body slowly going numb as I let out a loud and painful scream.

Zach smiles saying "So you want to continue this?"