Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 17

She sighs then says, "My name is Natalie, and the one behind me is James."

I nod then say, "My name is Forty-Four. Thank you for your cooperation." Harry walks back holding a steel collar and chains. Then I get a massive headache as if there was a earthquake in my head.

I hear someone say, "This kid looks like how your brother would look at this age." I look behind me, then see an adult man with a girl about a few years younger than me.

She shakes her head saying, "No, I would feel his demonic core. It's somewhere near here, but not this boy."

The guy smiles saying, "Well who knows where he is?"

Harry taps my shoulder and then asks with concern, "What's wrong?"

I look into his eyes, then say, "Nothing's wrong. Why do you ask?"

Harry smiles a little then says "You were spacing out." Harry hands me a chain that had the two of them already connected. Harry then says "You're good to go, so don't come back alone like that or you will be shoved into a cage." I look at the two in the collars and then all three of us start walking when the girl walks past us. I look back at the girl while still walking. I notice she has stopped and started looking at me when the guy with her taps her shoulder.

I leave the building with the other two then stop as I ask "We have to walk pretty far north, you two ok with that?"

Both of them nod, then we start walking again. We stop at the house, but before we enter, I look towards them, then smile. I open the door, dragging them into the back of the house, then into the elevator. I take a deep breath as the door to the elevator opens, then I notice Zach standing there. He smiles, then says, "You completed your mission." I nod then he continues, "Give the chain to me." I hesitantly give him the chain. His smile grows a little larger as he whispers into my ear, "You were just like the ones in the cages." He drags the two out of the elevator and into the lab. I leave the elevator and start heading towards the training room, then drop to my knees after noticing the blood on the floor. I feel tears start forming, then a thud sounds out from behind me. I look behind me, seeing the person who stabbed my arm. I put my hand on the hilt of my sword ready to pull it out and attack if necessary. The person shakes their head and shows that they don't have any weapons on them.

I look into their eyes then ask, "Who are you?" They shake their heads, saying nothing, then I look up and see Zach walking towards us.

They jump away then I hear them say in a shaky female voice, "I'm sorry."

I look at them, then ask, "What are you sorry for, huh? Are you sorry for hurting me or for not getting Zach?"

They look at me and say without hesitation, "I'm sorry for you. I only want to apologize for hurting you, but now that the target is here, I don't have that chance to do it properly."

I draw my sword then say, "You want to say sorry but you can't, huh?"