Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 3

She looks at me with her dead eyes, then asks, "How did you do that?"

I look at her and say, "I just opened the collar and loosened the rope."

She looks me in the eyes with confusion, then asks, "Where did you learn that stuff?"

I roll my eyes as I say, "My dad taught me about the rope thing, but the collar I learned when they tried keeping me in the punishment room with a collar and chained to the wall. That's why they bound my hands."

She looks at me with dead eyes but an astonished look on her face as she says, "You were in the punishment room next to mine all the time, right?"

I shrug as I ask, "How am I supposed to know that?" I hear a sharp "Click" from the door then look back as Doc enters the room.

Doc looks at me, then smiles while saying, "You really are the escape artist, aren't you? You passed the test, so how would you like the chance to leave this house?"

I look at him then ask, "So you are giving me a chance to leave, but I guess there's a catch, and you also said that we would be training here. What did you mean by that?"

He chuckles a little then says, "You noticed that huh, you really are clever and yes, there is a catch. You will work for me and you will get to leave with my permission. For that training thing, I just need to know if you're willing to take that deal."

Julia laughs as she says, "I'll take that deal."

Doc looks at her unamused as he says, "You didn't pass the test so, you don't get that deal until you pass the test."

I look at her, then at Doc, as I say, "That sounds like a good deal, especially since I don't know what you're going to do to me if I don't agree to it. So I'll agree to the deal."

He smiles as he says, "If you disagree, then I would force you to take the deal." I look at him confused, then he looks at Julia as he says, "You will have a new test based on how you acted today. For tonight, you will stay in this room." Doc looks at me while saying, "You follow me." 

I nod as I follow him out of the room and further down the corridor into what looked to be a lab. Doc looks at someone as they ask, "Is this the one who passed the test?"

Doc looks at him and says "Yes, that's true, so make sure he stays alive."

I look at Doc as the guy walks up to me and says, "Follow me." I follow him to a chair with straps on it and tubing all around it. The guy says "Sit in the chair and we will start the process." I do what he tells me and sit in the chair. He walks up to the chair, then tightens the surrounding straps. He frowns as he says, "I never enjoy doing this to kids because these tests are bound to fail. Every one of the test subjects dies." He then sticks a needle in my arm. The guy walks away to a machine and clicks a button. My vision goes blurry for a second, then I pass out.

I wake up and see Doc standing next to me, smiling. I try to get up but realize that my body is restrained onto the table with straps. Doc looks into my eyes then asks "How do you feel?"

I look up at him as I say, "Horrible, I'm restrained to a table after all."

He smiles while asking, "What about the horns or the wings? How do you feel about those.?"

I look at him confused then ask "What do you mean?" He puts his hand on my forehead then circles something on my forehead.