Chapter 1: O.W. Project Page 24

She looks at me with a worried look and tone, asking, "Tell me, please. What happened there?"

I look away, ashamed, as I say, "Sorry, but I won't tell you." I can feel Zach's smile as I walk to the bedroom.

I walk into the bedroom noticing that everyone is asleep, then Zero-Zero walks up behind me asking, "Why won't you tell me?"

I turn around and look into her eyes as I say, "Because I can't."

Both of us hear Twenty-Two say, "Oh, how sweet you want to protect her."

I shake my head as I walk up to her, then say, "It is an order, and I don't want to disobey an order."

Twenty-Two smiles asking, "If you were told to kill her, would you?"

I hesitate, then reluctantly say, "Yes."

Twenty-Two's smile fades, then she asks, "What about the rest of us?" I nod as she pulls out a book, then smiles again while saying, "What about this person named Noah?"

I look at her as if I was going to kill her, then ask, "Where'd you get that name from?" She points at the book, then I order, "Give me that book."

She shakes her head while saying, "Why should I?"

I hear the door open, then Zach says "Give me that book, NOW!" I look at Zach as Zero-Zero punches him in the face. Zach looks up at her as if he was going to kill her, then I see a knife go through both her and Zach. I push Zero-Zero away, then push Zach to the wall, feeling something go through my body. Zach looks at me with an angry look, then asks, "Why did you do that?"

I look at the ground, then say, "To make sure neither of you died." Zach looks down at the blood pooling under me, then I collapse to the ground.

I close my eyes, then hear a little girl scream "Help" over and over. I open my eyes, noticing that I'm in the darkened room again, this time with a shadow like being. The being walks up to me, then touches my chest.

My breathing gets heavier and my body slowly gets heavier, then the being says in a deep raspy voice, "You really don't know what you are capable of."

I look up at them as I ask, "What are you talking about?"

It shakes its head, then says, "When it's time for the exercise, I will tell you where to go, to help that girl."

I close my eyes then hear Zero-Zero crying, then I hear Zach say "Wake up Forty-Four."

I open my eyes then ask, "How much longer until the exercise?"

Zach looks at me confused, then says, "That's what you're worried about right after having a blade go through you."