Chapter 1: On Earth

A groan came to his mouth and his eyes twitched open.

He sees this isn't his home anymore. It nearly looks like a lab.

Not all he sees was a collar on him with a tag saying 'subject 1991'.

'What the... Is this Eggman's doing?' he thought to himself.

"It's awake!" a voice whispered to someone.

He looked up seeing creatures resembling to his arch-nemesis.

'Wha-? Why are they resembled to-?! Wait, this isn't home!' his eyes widen in pure shock.

He wanted to leave the place but banged into a wall. This made him nervous and wanted to leave the place. He was grabbed by the arm, making him grunt.

*************************

6 Months later

*************************

He just sat their, in his cage, upset.

They were torturing him.

Six months without a single hope.

"I just want my friends back..." he said, feeling a pain through his stomach. "I just wanna got home..."

"Subject 1991," he heard one of scientist he was dragged out by. "It's time for that speed test."

He only remained silent, without a single word coming out from his mouth. He never talked to these humans, what they are called.

He yelped when he was getting dragged out, but him in a nearly like hamster wheel.

"Start running, subject 1991." the scientist growled.

And he did.

He started running. He was running in anger, sadness and fear.

His emotions got the best of him. He became depressed when he was trapped here, without sunlight or a bright breeze.

And then it snapped.

Like a blast of lightning, the hamster wheel broke.

He was free.

His eyes widen in amazement, knowing he was free after six months of torture. He dashed away without anyone catching him. He looked behind him, seeing the scientists trying to catch him.

The collar was chocking him a bit, so he takes it off, at last.

Without looking where he was going, he bursts out the window, dashing off.

Blood and scratches from the glass soon came from him as he didn't look back but ran forward.

He then was in a town he never knew before.

'Where am I?' he thought before he went to a nearby house after dashing through a lot of trees and bushes.

He banged near a, what seemed to be, trash can, bigger than him and fell down behind it.

"I'm sure... no one heard that.... right?" he asked himself tiredly before passing out.

***************************************

Another day in Green Hills.

It was a busy day  for the officers of the town.

At least, it was to Tom.

Maddie was at the vet, and could return soon.

It was a shame they couldn't get any kids.

Tom remembers that it was a month when he saw Maddie's disappointed face, knowing that they couldn't get a child.