Chapter 11: Sonic's Birthday Bash

(A/N: To celebrate Sonic's birthday, this is an alternate version of Fly Spy. Rouge didn't find the emerald and Maria was able to find it before she could. No, robots aren't gonna be bashed. It was the only title I could think of. Jojo's reappearing and Rachel and Wade make their appearances in this book! So, without any further ado, I revel Sonic's fifteenth birthday in this universe! Happy 33rd Birthday, Sonic!)

Three days passed ever since Eggman attacked Emerald Coast, and today was Sonic's birthday. Tails decided to wake up the others for his big brother's special day. They decided to let Sonic have a lie in, due to Eggman around.

They were down stairs, talking about Sonic's birthday.

"So today's the day, huh?" Tom questioned.

"Yep! Sonic turns fifteen today!" Tails beamed.

"We should do something for his birthday!" Amy excitedly said.

"We could give him something to say thank you!" Cream said.

"Chao chao!" Cheese agreed.

"Maddie and I've already planned that, actually." Tom said and then whispers to them. "It's a Switch he can go on. You can't tell him yet."

"A switch?" Tails asked. "But Sonic doesn't need a light switch."

"No, Tails. Tom means a video game console." Maddie said.

"A video game console?!" The fox repeated. "Wow!"

"Are there any games in it?" Amy questioned.

"We bought a lot of 'em, so..." The sheriff trailed off.

"Ooooh! You're spoiling him, aren't you?!"

"Well, we never had kids, so since Sonic's adopted, then I guess we kind of are." the vet said.

Maria was looking at a Chaos Emerald she found a day ago, when she saw a white bat about to take it, meaning she's a thief, somewhat.

Tails then noticed her a bit upset. "Are you okay, Maria?"

She looked up. "I'm fine. Just....looking at the Chaos Emerald I found before that bat thief was about to take it."

The fox smiled. "At least you found it! That's all that matters!"

She smiled back. "Thanks, Tails. Sonic has a right to trust you."

A while later, breakfast was ready before Sonic, in his original gloves and sneakers came in with Ozzy.

He glares at Ozzy as he still remembers that he fell into the bath with him. "You still owe me, Ozzy."

"SONIC!" Amy said, hugging him tightly.

"HEY! Amy! Can't....Breath!" He gasped.

She lets go, realizing. "Oopsie! Sorry!"

'Worse timing ever, Ames.' he thought to himself, sitting on the chair and he looked at the others.

"Happy Birthday, Sonic!" Tails said with a smile.

"Oh! I nearly forgot! Thanks for the heads up, Tails!" Sonic smiled.

"Sonic, Maddie and I got you a few things." Tom said as he and Maddie smiled at their mobian son.

"What is it?"

A box with wrapping paper and a ribbon on it was placed on Sonic's side of the table as he opened it, curiously. His eyes widen when he saw a console with the left, which was a remote, red, and the right, another one, was blue.

"Is that... a video game console?" he questioned.

"Yep. It's called a Switch. The remotes are for the player, one or two. We got the video games for you as well."