Chapter 2: Sonic to the Rescue

A week past, ever since the Wachowskis found a blue hedgehog behind their garbage can. Sonic kept asking questions about Earth and it's history.

He got some answers, but apparently he never got to know Mobius' history.

Everything on Earth looked the same, but a bit bigger than other Mobians and their stuff back on Mobius.

Sonic never went outside after the suffer he was been in for six months. His shoes and gloves were about to get clean, only for Tom and Maddie to give him brown gloves and shoe lases.

He looked in the mirror, apparently amazed that some have his size.

He wanted to go out, but he didn't want to get caught again.

'Wonder what Tom and Maddie are up to?' he thought to himself, heading down, taking a peek of their room.

"Tom," the vet said, looking at her husband.

"What?"

A conversation was heard as Sonic wondered what was going on.

"Rachel's coming?" he heard Tom say.

"Yes." Maddie answered.

"Oh, no no no... How do we explain to her and Jojo about Sonic?"

"What?" they heard Sonic spoke up as he came out of his hiding spot. "I don't understand. Who're Rachel and Jojo?" 

This made the Wachowskis a bit nervous.

"Rachel's... my sister that doesn't like Tom." Maddie answered.

"Wait, really? Why doesn't she like him?"

"Her husband cheated on her, so she thinks that Tom might do the same to me."

"Holy Chaos! That's nuts! I really don't think that'll happen. I mean, you two were actually made for each other... in my eyes, that is." the hedgehog then sighs. "I wish I had someone to love me, besides Tails, as my little bro. I have a self proclaimed girlfriend named Amy Rose. She's really obsessed with me. She gives me tight hugs and tries to...kiss me...on the lips....and.....marry me...."

"Jeez, bud. That's rough." Tom said.

"You can say that again. And what about this Jojo? Is she..." he gasped. "Rachel's daughter and your niece?" he saw them nodding. "What's she like?"

"She's a very sweet girl, once you know her." the veterinarian said.

"I guess that's not bad. Maybe I should... stay in my room for a bit. I promise I won't run off."

"That's what we're hoping, Sonic."

*********************************

A car pulled in as Sonic peeked out the window. He guessed it was Rachel and Jojo.

"Is that them?" he asked as Maddie approached him

"It is. Just remember, you promised." she said.

"I know, mo-, I mean, Maddie!"

'Oh crap, I nearly called her mom!' he thought to himself as he walked off, realizing he nearly called her his mother.

A while ago, he just took his dinner early, so that way he could hide quicker. 

Entering his room, he noticed Ozzy following him and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Yeah, I was totally expecting you to follow me." he smirked at the golden retriever.

After a littler while, the hedgehog looks at Ozzy, on his bed. He smiled at the sight.

'Even if I knew her and Tom for a week, I can't believe I nearly called Maddie mom.' he thought to himself. 'Humans adopting a mobian? Yeah, I like to see THAT happen... but why do I have that feeling about them being my parents?'