CHAPTER 6

Kamsa, normally brimming with overconfidence, now found himself trembling with uncertainty. His eyes widened in fear and anxiety as he beheld the radiant and powerful figures of Krishna and Balram. The brothers exuded an aura of calm strength and unwavering confidence as they made their way towards the center of the arena.

Tears welled up in Devaki's eyes as she saw her beloved sons walking confidently towards them. Vasudev's heart swelled with pride at the sight of Krishna's aura of divinity and Balram's strength. Despite the chains binding them, their spirits soared at the sight of their sons, who seemed to glow with an otherworldly light.

Adorned with a dazzling array of ornaments, garlands, and garments, like a pair of expertly costumed actors, the two powerful brothers radiated magnificence in the arena. Krishna and Balram had captivated the minds of all spectators with their brilliance.

As the city's residents and visitors from afar looked upon the brothers from their seats in the galleries, their joy was so overwhelming that their eyes widened and their faces lit up with delight. They couldn't get enough of the sight of the Lords' radiant faces.

The audience was so mesmerized by the two brothers that they couldn't help but murmur and whisper amongst themselves.

"Yeh dono awashya Narayan ke roop hai."

"Uss krishn-varn wale balak ne Putana, Trinavart, Keshi, adi kayi asuro ka vadh akele kar diya tha."

"Woh wala Balram hai na ? Usne hi Dhenuka, Pralamba, adi ka vadh kiya tha."

"Maine suna tha ki inka mukh dekhte hi, gopiya apna sabhi dukh bhula deti thi."

While the people talked in this way and the musical instruments resounded, Chanur, a colossal figure with bulging muscles and a fierce expression, made his way towards Krishna and Balram. His reputation as a formidable fighter preceded him. As he scrutinizingly observed Krishna and Balram, who appeared smaller in stature compared to him, a smirk formed on his face

Chanur said, "Gopal sadev dhenu charane ke samaye kushti karte hai. Maharaj Kamsa ne tumhare parakram ke baare mei sun, tum dono ko parakhne hetu hi yaha bulaya hai. Raja ko prasann rakhna praja ka kartavya hai. Toh kyu na ek daav ho jaaye ? Kya kehte ho Krishna ?"

"Kyu nahi ?" Krishna smiled, "Hum bhi toh Bhojraj ki praja hi hai. Unki iccha purn karna toh humara bhi kartavya hai. Kintu malyudh barabari ke yoddha ke bich hota hai, anyatha adharm kehlata hai aur mal ke upar kalank laga deta hai. Iss liye hume apne anukul yoddha chahiye."

"Tum dono balak nahi ho." Chanur chuckled, "Kyuki tumne uss Kuvalyapida ka vadh kiya hai, jisme sahastra haathiyo ka bal tha. Iss liye tum dono ko hum jaise shoorveero se hi malyudh karna chahiye. O Varshneya, mujhse dwand karo. Aur Balram Mushtik se dwand karega."

Krishna looked at Balram, who gave him a confident nod. The lord then looked back at the wrestler, "Hume swikaar hai."

Chanur smirked arrogantly, thinking this would be an easy victory. The crowd hushed as the brothers made their way to the center of the arena, their steps confident and purposeful. Krishna adjusted the drape of his garment, his eyes gleaming with determination. Balram's muscles rippled under his taut skin as he pulled back his hair, readying himself for the impending challenge.

Kamsa, perched on the imperial dais, watched anxiously as Chanur and Mushtik readied themselves to face the formidable duo. His heart pounded with trepidation, knowing that the fate of his life hung in the balance.

With the sounds of kettledrums, the wrestling match began. Seizing each other’s hands and locking legs with each other, the opponents struggled powerfully, eager for victory. Fists were struck against fists, knees against knees, head against head and chest against chest.

Krishna's effortlessly countered Chanur's every move, displaying unmatched skill and agility. Despite Chanur's best efforts, Krishna remained calm and focused, quickly gaining the upper hand. Meanwhile, on the other side of the arena, Balram and Mushtik were locked in a fierce battle. Balram's sheer power and ferocity were unmatched as he dominated Mushtik with thunderous strikes and expert grappling techniques.

Each fighter relentlessly fought against their opponent, dragging them in circles, shoving and crushing them, throwing them down and maneuvering around them. With sheer determination for victory, they pushed their bodies to the limit, enduring pain and exhaustion in their quest for triumph. The arena was filled with the sounds of clashing bodies and the fierce determination of the fighters as they pushed themselves to the brink.

Every woman that was present, considered the match an unfair fight between the strong and the weak, felt extreme anxiety due to compassion.

"Maharaj adharm kar rahe hai."

"Bhala aise balshaali mal se komal balako ko ladata hai koi ?"

Out of affection for the two lords, Devaki and Vasudev became overwhelmed with sorrow when they heard the women’s fearful statements. They grieved, not knowing their sons’ strength.

With a sudden burst of energy, Krishna grapples Chanur and expertly executes a series of powerful blows that felt like crushing lightning bolts upon Chanur, breaking every part of his body and causing him more and more pain and fatigue. Furious, the wrestler attacked the lord with the speed of a hawk and struck his chest with both fists. But to Krishna, his mighty blows felt like an elephant being struck with a flower garland.

The lord grabbed Chanur by his arms, swung him around several times and hurled him onto the ground with great force. The wrestler's clothes, hair and garland scattering, the wrestler fell down dead, like a huge pillar collapsing.

Similarly, Mushtik struck Balram with his fists. However after receiving a violent blow from the mighty Samkarshan's palm, he trembled all over in great pain, vomited blood and then fell lifeless onto the ground, like a tree blown down by the wind.

The crowd roared in excitement as the brothers seemed invincible in the arena. Kuta rushed towards Balram, and Shala with Toshala towards Krishna, determined to avenge their fallen comrades. But the brothers were prepared, their reflexes sharp as they swiftly countered the attacks, overpowering Kuta and Shala with ease.

Balram playfully and nonchalantly killed Kuta with his left fist, while Krishna kicked in Shala’s head and tore Toshala in half, and both wrestlers fell down dead. Seeing the agonizing fate of the best fighters, the remaining wrestlers all fled for their lives.

Everyone except Kamsa rejoiced at the wonderful feat Krishna and Balram had performed. The exalted Brahmanas and great saints exclaimed, "UTTAM ! ATI UTTAM !"

Kamsa, shaken and filled with fear, rose from his throne, his face contorted with rage and frustration. He knew the prophecy was coming true, and the divine brothers were indeed a formidable force against him.

"BAND KARO YEH VADAN !" Kamsa exclaimed at the musicians, who stopped playing their instruments immediately.

Kamsa then looked at his guards and ordered, "Inn dusht balako ko nagar se bahar nikal do ! Sabhi Gopo ki sampatti chhin kar, uss murkh Nand ko bandhi bana lo ! Vasudev, Ugrasen aur unke sabhi saathiyo ka vadh kar do !"

As the tyrant raved audaciously, Krishna was enraged. It was enough now.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ab gaya-
AB GAYA YEH-