CHAPTER 85

Time was passing by rather chaotically in Hastinapur. The Kauravas relentlessly plotted against the Pandavas, orchestrating numerous schemes to eliminate them. However, the Pandavas, with their resilience and fortitude, managed to thwart these deadly attempts with the covert assistance of Vidur.

As the days unfolded in a chaotic dance of deceit and treachery, the Pandavas remained steadfast in their resolve to protect the kingdom and uphold righteousness. Despite facing constant threats to their lives, they chose to silently endure these adversities, shielding the truth from the prying eyes of the court and maintaining the facade of harmony for the greater good of Hastinapur.

Currently, in the opulent chambers of Gajasaharya palace, Bhishma and Vidur were deep in thought and concern for the well-being of both the Pandavas and the Kauravas. The weight of the impending conflict between the two factions hung heavy in the air as the elder statesmen pondered over the potential repercussions of the escalating tensions.

"Duryodhan jis maarg par agrasar hai, ya toh woh samajh nahi paa raha ki woh kaisa adharm kar raha hai, ya toh samajhna hi nahi chaahta." Vidur said.

Bhishm sighed, "Dhritrashtra bhi apne putro ko kuch kehta nahi hai. Iss liye toh Duryodhan ka dussahas badhta jaa raha hai. Jab pita hi apne santaano ko anushashit na kare, toh kaun kar sakta hai ?"

Dhritrashtra, their own father, was unable to discipline his own sons out of his love, leaving a void that threatened the stability of the kingdom. Who would then rein in the reckless behavior of the Kauravas ? The incapability of Dhritrashtra to punish the unruly Kauravas troubled them greatly.

A sudden realization struck Vidur, "Jab Pita anushashit karne mei asamarth ho, toh ek Guru hi uss balak ko anushashit karta hai. Yadi Pandavo aur Kauravo ko ek uttam Guru mile, toh unke maarg-darshan ke andar dono ke bich shatruta ka bhaav mit sakta hai."

"Uchit keh rahe ho tum, Vidur." Bhishm agreed, "Waise bhi Kulguru Kripacharya ke paas karya badhte jaa rahe hai. Rajkumaro ki siksha ka uttardaitwa hume kisi anya Guru ko dena chahiye."

-------------

Amidst the tension, the Pandavas and Kauravas found themselves engaged in a game of catch. The bitter rivalry between the two sets of cousins lingered in the air, yet the Pandavas were compelled to play along as though nothing was amiss. The Kauravas, disdainful of the Pandavas yet reveling in their perceived dominance, found amusement in the power dynamics at play.

The Pandavas played with forced smiles, concealing the bitterness that lingered between the two sets of cousins. While the Kauravas seemed to be relishing the oppressed and helpless state of the Pandavas. The atmosphere was heavy with unspoken truths and suppressed emotions, the very air crackling with the weight of the unacknowledged secrets that hung between the cousins. Each throw of the ball was laden with unspoken accusations and unheeded warnings.

Despite their efforts to maintain a facade of normalcy, the wounds of betrayal and treachery still festered beneath the surface. As the game reached its peak, a particularly aggressive throw sent the wooden ball soaring towards the well on the edge of the courtyard.

A heavy silence settled over the group before both Pandavas and Kauravas rushed towards the well. As they converged around the well, the Kauravas were quick to point fingers and accuse the Pandavas of foul play.

"Gir gaya na gend ! Ab kaun nikalega ?!" Duryodhan accusing voice cut through the tension.

Bheem stepped forward, "Mariyada mei raho, Duryodhan. Svar aur shabd sambhaal ke baat karo."

Duryodhan scoffed, "Nahi rakhunga toh kya karoge ? Gend gira tum logo ke karan, bhul huyi hai toh sunna bhi padega."

"Tum sunaoge ?!" Bheem, unable to tolerate the unjust accusations, confronted Duryodhan with fierce anger, ready to escalate the situation with his brute strength.

With a commanding presence, Yudhishthir stepped between Bheem and Duryodhan, before things could escalate further.

"Shaant raho dono. Itni chhoti si baat par dwand karna murkhta hai. Gend nikaalne ke baare mei socho." He said with a stern voice.

Reluctantly, Bheem and Duryodhan stepped back, their expressions still seething with resentment. The cousins surveyed the well, contemplating the best approach to retrieve the ball.

Bheem, towering above the others, tentatively leaned over the well's edge, his muscular arm stretching down to grasp the elusive ball. The echoes of his grunts reverberated off the stone walls as he strained to reach it, but the ball remained tantalizingly out of his reach, glistening just below the surface of the water.

Duryodhan, his frustration evident, grabbed a long stick and attempted to fish out the ball, but each time he reached for it, the ball slipped from his grasp and fell back into the depths of the well.

Arjun intervened, taking the stick from Duryodhan. With a determined look in his eyes, he tied a fragile leaf to the end of the stick, hoping to scoop the ball out gently. As the stick descended into the well, the weight of the ball caused the leaf to detach, fluttering down into the depths alongside the ball.

The others joined in, trying various methods to retrieve the ball, but all their efforts were in vain. An air of disappointment hung over the group, their failed attempts mirroring the fractured relationships between them.

Just when despair seemed to settle in, a faint sound of laughter echoed around them.

"Lanat hai tumhare kshatriya parakram par ! Lanat hai tumhare shashtra-gyaan par ! Tum sab Bharat-vansh mei janme ho kintu kuen se ek gend bhi bahar nahi nikal sakte." A manly voice said.

Startled, the cousins turned to see a sage-like man approaching, his serene demeanor contrasting sharply with the chaos around the well. In his hands, he held a bunch of reeds, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

He softly said, "Inn ghaas ki dandiyo ko dekho, jise maine mantra-shakti se yukt kar, apne shashtro ka bal diya hai. Dekho mai kaise inse tumhari gend nikaalta hu."

The princes looked at him uncertainly and curiously. The Brahman came near the well and threw a reed with such precision that it pierced the wooden ball. And then he pierced that reed with another one and that one with another. Within moments he created a chain of reeds, and with that he pulled the ball up in his hands.

On seeing this, the eyes of the princes widened with wonder, they all fell on their knees, joining their hands in wonder.

Arjun, unable to contain his amazement, asked, "Brahmandev, aap kaun hai ? Kis kul se hai ? Hum aapki sewa kaise kar sakte hai ?"

Instead of giving them a direct answer, the Brahman just said, "Apne Pitamah Bhishm ke paas jaao. Unhe mere gun aur roop ke baare mei batao. Woh atyant-gyaani hai, unhe pata hoga ki kya karna hai."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Who is this Brahman ?
WRONG ANSWERS ONLY 🌝