CHAPTER 33

"Krishna kab aayenge ?"

"Kal awashya aayenge."

"Krishna hume bhul toh nahi gaya hoga na ?"

"Bina uska mukh dekhe, yeh jagat suna lagta hai."
.
.
.
.
.
.

Krishna slowly opened his eyes, a wave of sorrow washed over him as he felt the collective grief of the people of Vrindavan, who were yearning for his presence. The sun's golden rays bathed the surroundings in a warm glow, casting a soft light on Krishna's contemplative face, while reclining on a diwan.

The opulent surroundings of the palace starkly contrasted with the simple beauty of Vrindavan that he had left behind. Surrounded by a retinue of loyal servants, Krishna felt a pang of longing as he thought of the people of Vrindavan. He could almost hear their voices calling out to him, their grief palpable even from a distance.

He knew he had to look ahead, he knew that his journey was meant to lead him to a higher purpose, one that transcended the boundaries of Vrindavan. However, how can he do so by upsetting his devotees ? He had come into this world for their welfare and pleasure.

"Daasi ?" He looks at a maid-servant.

She comes forward and joins her hands in front of him, "Aadesh Vaasudev."

Krishna smilingly said, "Uddhav ko yaha aane ko kaho."

"Jaisi aapki aagya." The maid bows her head and leaves the room.

Moments later, Uddhav entered, his eyes filled with joy at being called by Krishna himself. A sense of joy and gratitude fills his heart as he approaches the son of Devaki, bowing respectfully before him. With a heart full of reverence, he humbly sat on the floor in front of the lord.

Krishna's gaze softened as he looked upon Uddhav, he gently took Uddhav's hands in his own, "Mera ek karya siddh karoge Uddhav ?"

"Aadesh dijiye Krishna." Uddhav's eyes sparkled.

"Vraj mei jaa ke Nand Baba,  Yashoda Maiya aur meri priya gopiyo ko mera sandesh de prasann kardo. Mere virah mei unhone iss jeevan mei aur dusre jeevan mei sukh praapt karne hetu jo dharmik kritya hai, unn sabka tyaag kar diya hai. Mai unka ek maatra priya aur unki aatma hu, iss liye unke dukh ka nivaran karne ka daitwa bhi mera hai." Krishna said.

With a sigh he said, "Kyuki maine punarmilan ka vachan diya tha, gopiya iss liye apne praan bachaye rakhne ka sangharsh kar rahi hai. Unke paas jaa, unhe anand pradaan karo, Uddhav."

"Jaisi aapki aagya." Uddhav bowed.

-------

As Uddhav's chariot rolled along the dusty path from Mathura to Vrindavan, the sun cast a golden glow over the lush landscape. He sat tall and regal on his chariot, his eyes filled with a sense of purpose as he carried Krishna's message to the residents of Vraja. His long, dark hair flowed freely in the wind, and his eyes sparkled with a wisdom that belied his youth.

He passed by farmers tending to their fields, children playing by the roadside, and women drawing water from the village well. As the sun began its descent, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, Uddhav's chariot trundled on, drawing closer to Vrindavan. Since the returning cows and other animals were raising dust with their hooves, his chariot passed unnoticed.

On all sides lay the flowering forest, echoing with flocks of birds and swarms of bees and beautified by its lakes crowded with swans, ducks and bowers of lotuses.

Vraja echoed with the thunderous clashes of bulls in fierce competition for the attention of fertile cows. The air was filled with the lowing of cows, their udders heavy with milk, as they searched for their playful calves, the sound of milking and the sight of white calves frolicking. The melodious tunes of flute-playing reverberated through the village.

The cowherd men and women adorned in exquisite attire sang of the glorious deeds of Krishna and Balram, illuminating the village with their presence. Uddhav knew that he had finally reached Vrindavan.

The chariot finally halted outside the home of Nand. The sound of the chariot's arrival caught the attention of Nand and Yashoda, who emerged from their home with curiosity etched on their faces. For a moment, they thought Krishna had finally returned to them. But their confusion grew as they saw Uddhav standing before them.

"Nand Kaka, Yashoda Kaki, pranaam swikaar kare." He said.

A smile appeared on Nand's face, the cowherd King embraced the boy in great happiness "Padhaaro vats. Tumhara swagat hai."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Uddhav in Vrindavan yall (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)