CHAPTER 59

As the morning sun started to peek through the clouds, the rain gradually subsided, leaving behind a fresh earthy scent in the air. Dilip groggily got up and helped Aarvi to her feet. They both glanced at each other, their faces reflecting a mix of exhaustion and relief. The pitter-patter of raindrops had stopped, leaving behind a serene stillness in the air.

Dilip rubbed his eyes and glanced around, taking in their peculiar surroundings. It was a cowshed. But the worn wooden walls bore marks of abandonment, as if the shed hadn't been inhabited for years. Aarvi's expression was a mix of confusion and curiosity, as she surveyed the dusty interior. They exchanged bewildered looks, wondering how they had found themselves in such a place after the tumultuous events of the previous night.

Confusions crossed their faces as they stepped outside and found themselves surrounded them were several ancient houses made of weathered stone and intricately carved wood. The structures stood tall and proud, their timeless beauty telling tales of a bygone era.

The entrance to each house was adorned with ornate wooden doors, slightly ajar as if inviting them to explore. Dilip and Aarvi cautiously approached one of the houses, their curiosity piqued by the mysterious ambiance of the place. Inside, they found remnants of a forgotten life - dusty furniture, faded tapestries, and traces of a fireplace long extinguished.

"Yeh hum kaha aagaye, Arya ?" Aarvi Aarvi looks around in confusion.

Dilip was in a contemplative stance, a hint of recognition flickering in his eyes, "Kahi yeh...."

He starts to sprint ahead, weaving through the narrow pathways of the village. Aarvi follows closely behind, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and curiosity. The houses stand still, windows closed and doors shut, giving off an eerie atmosphere.

As they ventured deeper into the settlement, what started as simple huts gradually evolved into magnificent mansions adorned with intricate carvings and colorful murals. The streets widened, lined with majestic trees and blooming flowers that filled the air with a sweet fragrance. The buildings grew taller, their architecture becoming more elaborate and grandiose with each step they took.

Despite the layer of dust and neglect that covered everything, the grandeur of the architecture was undeniable. The air was filled with a sense of peace and tranquility that seemed to permeate every corner of the abandoned settlement. Flowers bloomed in overgrown gardens, adding a splash of color to the otherwise muted surroundings. Dilip and Aarvi couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the beauty that surrounded them.

Soon the couple began to hear the distant murmur of a river flowing nearby, drawing them closer. Following the sound, they reached the banks of the majestic River Kshipra, where a grand temple stood tall and imposing.

Its towering spires reached towards the heavens, adorned with intricate carvings and sculptures depicting tales of ancient gods and goddesses. The walls, weathered by time, still retained remnants of colorful paintings that once brought life to the stone structure. Vines and moss adorned its weathered stone walls, adding an ethereal charm to its abandoned state.

Dilip and Aarvi were captivated by the temple's grandeur, feeling a magnetic pull towards its sacred grounds. As they cautiously stepped inside the grand temple, a hushed reverence enveloped them. Though deserted and covered in a veil of dust, the place emanated a sense of peace and grandeur. Intricate carvings adorned the walls, telling stories of ancient legends.

However Dilip's eyes were captivated by a detailed carving on the wall depicting Mahadev in his fierce form, shooting arrows at the malevolent Tripura asuras. A mixture of surprise and disbelief played on his features as he recognized the significance of their surroundings.

As they reached the inner sanctum, their eyes fell upon the ancient Shivling, the focal point of the temple. Dilip's heart skipped a beat as he recognized it. The realization dawned on him that they were standing in the heart of a city steeped in history and myth since thousands of years.

Overwhelmed by the magnitude of this discovery, Dilip dropped to his knees before the Shivling, feeling a surge of reverence and disbelief coursing through him. Aarvi stood beside him, her eyes wide with wonder at the sight before them.

"Toh yeh wahi sthaan hai..." Dilip said, his voice quivering.

"Kaunsa sthaan ? Hum kaha hai Arya ?" Aarvi asked.

Dilip turned to her and in a shaky voice said, "Mahakal ki nagri. Ujjain."

Aarvi's eyes widened in wonder as she took in the solemn beauty of the sacred space. As she looked around, her gaze caught sight of a grand palace in the distance, its spires reaching towards the sky like fingers of forgotten royalty. Dilip, following her gaze, felt a surge of astonishment as his eyes fell upon the majestic structure. His breath caught in his throat as realization dawned upon him - they were indeed standing in the long-forgotten city of Ujjain.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ujjain, woh sthaan jaha se Mahadev ne Tripurasuro ka vadh kiya tha aur bane the Tripurantak 🙏✨

Mahakaleshwar is situated here, which is not only one of the 12 jyotirlingas but also a Mahashaktipeeth, where the upper lip of Mata Sati had fallen.

Also Mahakaleshwar is the only dakshinamurthi jyotirlinga, meaning it's the only jyotirlinga which faces the southern direction.

Do you have jyotirlinga in your state ?
In Gujarat, we have the first Jyotirlinga which is Somnath and the 10th Jyotirlinga Nageshwar Mahadev 🙏✨