CHAPTER 14

Kunti sat cross-legged outside her modest thatched hut, with a gentle smile on her face, expertly flipping rotis on a clay stove. As the rotis sizzled on the open fire, she narrated the tales of Krishna and Balram to the young Pandavas, her voice filled with devotion and admiration.

She narrated, "Fir Krishna ne uss prakar unn Yamlarjuno ke pedo ko girakar, Nalkuber aur Manigriva ko Narad Muni ke shraap se mukt kiya." 

The children listen with rapt attention, their eyes wide with wonder. Meanwhile, Madri moves gracefully, serving the food to everyone. Whereas Pandu, sitting beside his sons, indulges in the simple meal prepared by Kunti, his gaze fixed on her.

Arjun's eyes sparkled with delight, "Itni Kam aayu mei hi unhone Yamlarjun ke vriksho ko kaise giraya hoga ? Bade shaktishaali honge na Krishna ?"

Bheem said, "Yadi Krishna mei itni shakti hai, toh Balram mei kitni hogi jinke naam mei hi Bal hai !"

"Balram bhi atyant balshaali hai." Kunti replied, "Usne bhi bahut asuro ka vadh kiya hai Krishna ke saath."

"Toh sunayiye na Mata." Nakul and Sahadev requested.

Kunti chuckled, "Aaj ke liye itni kahani bahut hai. Baaki ka kal sunayungi."

-----------

In the royal garden of Vasudev's mansion, Krishna and Balram, along with their brothers were engrossed in a friendly game. The fragrance of jasmine and roses lingered in the air, the sound of birds chirping and the gentle rustling of leaves mingled together. Butterflies flitted from flower to flower.

Peacocks strutted around, their vibrant feathers shimmering in the sunlight. The garden was adorned with fountains and marble statues of gods and goddesses, adding to its grandeur. The soft breeze carried the laughter and chatter of the brothers as they enjoyed their game.

The sun casts a warm glow over the lush greenery as the brothers laugh and jest, their camaraderie evident in their playful banter. Krishna darts around the field like a nimble deer, effortlessly dodging his opponents. Balram, acts as a formidable defender, tagging his brothers out with precision. Gad sprints across the field with determination, trying to outrun his brothers.

Bhadrabahu uses his strength to block Krishna's path, buying time for his brothers to switch positions. While Nandak tries to catch his elusive brothers, each using their unique skills to outwit him. The other brothers are equally enthusiastic, giving their all in the game. Some are sprinting to avoid being tagged, while others are trying to outsmart their opponents with clever maneuvers.

Soon Vasudev arrived with Devaki and Rohini, their faces filled with joy and relief. They had longed to see Krishna and Balram playing happily with their brothers, finally united as one family. Krishna and Balram, engrossed in the game of turned around to see their parents approaching. A smile spread across their faces as they ran to embrace their beloved family members.

The other brothers, sensing the significance of the moment, rushed to their father and mothers. Vasudev knelt before Krishna and Balram, placing a hand over their shoulders.

He said with a smile, "Putro, humne socha hai ki samaye aa gaya hai ki ab tum dono yagyapaveet dharan kar, Brahmacharya ashram ka palan ka anusaran karo aur shiksha grahan karo."

Krishna and Balram's faces lit up with joy at the prospect of education.
.
.
.
.
.

And thus an upnayan ceremony was undertaken, which marked a significant moment in the lives of young Krishna and Balram. The air was filled with the sound of chanting mantras and the sweet melodies of traditional instruments.

Krishna and Balram, clad in pristine saffron dhotis, stood before the revered guru of Yadavas, Gargacharya with eyes that reflected a blend of anticipation and reverence. As the melodious chants of Vedic hymns filled the air, the sacred thread ceremony, known as the upanayan sanskar, commenced.

The fragrance of incense mingled with the sweet melodies of celestial music, creating an atmosphere of divine grace and sanctity. Surrounded by kings, sages, and celestial beings, the two brothers knelt before Gargacharya, seeking his blessings and guidance on their path of learning and enlightenment.

The boys bow their heads in reverence as Gargacharya recites ancient Sanskrit chants, filling the atmosphere with divine vibrations as he bestows upon Krishna and Balram the sacred Gayatri mantra. Their faces light up with a sense of spiritual awakening as they receive this powerful mantra, symbolizing their entry into the world of knowledge and wisdom.

Vasudev honored these Brahmanas by worshiping them and giving them fine ornaments and well-ornamented cows with their calves. All these cows wore gold necklaces and linen wreaths.

After attaining twice-born status, the status of Dvij, through initiation, Krishna and Balram took the vow of celibacy from Garga Muni. After the ceremony concluded, Krishna and Balram emerged with shaved heads, sporting simple saffron garments. A lock of hair gracefully adorned the crown of their heads, symbolizing their initiation. Each held a sturdy stick in one hand and a bowl in the other. They appeared as divine beings embodying purity and humility.

"Putro, batao tum kise apna guru chunte ho ?" Vasudev asks.

Krishna with a smile said, "Kashi ke ek prasidh Brahman Sandipani, jo abhi Avanti mei rehte hai, hum unse shiksha praapt karne ke liye hum icchuk hai."

Their brothers, feeling a sense of loss and separation, try to hide their sadness behind forced smiles. The realization that Krishna and Balram will be leaving fills the air with a bittersweet emotion.

"Bhrata, kya aap Mathura se koi guru nahi chun sakte ?" Gad asked sadly.

Balram smiled, "Vidya ko suvidha se praapt nahi kiya jaa sakta Anuj. Use praapt karne ke liye vidyarthi ko ghar chhodna hi padta hai kuch samaye ke liye. Grihatyaagi hona ek Vidyarthi ka param lakshan hai."

"Chinta mat karo, Gad. Hum shigreh laut aayenge." Krishna assured.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Krishna aur Balram ka Gurukul jeevan prarambh hone ko hai ✨✨