CHAPTER 78

In a dimly lit room of the royal palace, Vinda and Anuvinda of Avanti sat with furrowed brows, contemplating the news that their uncle Dilip had garnered the support of many powerful chieftains for his new city of Ujjain.

The realization dawned on them that their once-dismissed uncle was now on the brink of becoming a formidable force in the region. Vinda nervously paced back and forth, his fingers twisting a golden necklace in agitation. Anuvinda sat at the window, his gaze fixed on the moonlit courtyard, lost in thought.

"Aaj samant unke paksh mei aa rahe hai.... Kal ko Avanti ke sabhi Raja bhi aayenge.... Fir humare Pita Maharaj bhi Kakashree ka swamitya maan lenge..." Vinda whispered anxiously.

Anuvinda's jaw tightened as he nodded in agreement, "Pitashree ko toh avsar chahiye prayaschit ka.... Dekha nahi kitne prasann the jab unhe yeh pata chala ki Kakashree Dilip Ujjain ko punah-sthaapit kar rahe hai !"

Vinda, usually calm and collected, was now visibly shaken, "Yadi humne kuch kiya nahi, toh Avanti par se humara adhikaar nahi rahega."

Their hearts pounded in unison as they realized the grave threat Dilip posed to their own positions of power. They had underestimated his ambitions.

Anuvinda, his voice tinged with concern, said, "Par hum kar bhi kya sakte hai ? Unhe toh Kosal ke Maharaj ka samarthan bhi praapt ho chuka hai.... Yadi humare Pita sahayata na kare, toh Vishrutavaan awashya karenge."

Their minds raced with possibilities, their once confident demeanor now clouded with uncertainty. The brothers feared that Dilip, long forgotten in the forest, was now a formidable force with chieftains flocking to his side. Vinda nervously paced the room, while Anuvinda contemplated their next move.

Finally, Vinda spoke up with a determined look in his eyes, "Hume kaise bhi karke Rajao ko apne paksh mei rakhna hoga. Unhe vishwas dilana hoga ki Dilip ko chhod yadi hum Avanti ke Maharaj bane toh unka laabh hai."

Anuvinda nodded in agreement, realizing the urgency of the situation, "Hume sabhi Rajao ko dhan de kar, aur pad-pratistha ki laalsa de, yeh sunishchit karna hoga ki woh Kakashree ka swamitya na maane.

--------

As the morning sun peeked over the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, the city of Ujjain slowly stirred to life. The towering structures of ancient ruins stood tall, casting long shadows that danced across the streets.

The once desolate city was now a vibrant hub of activity, with people from all corners of Avanti. The place echoed with the sounds of laughter and chatter, as people from various cities and villages of Avanti made their way to Ujjain to start a new life in this once-lost city. Despite the vast stretches of empty buildings and ruins that still dotted the landscape, Ujjain was slowly coming alive with the sounds and sights of its new inhabitants.

The streets began to fill with activity as citizens emerged from their homes, their laughter and chatter blending in the crisp morning air. Vendors set up their stalls, selling vegetables, fruits and exotic spices, while children played in the courtyards, their joyful voices echoing through the city. 

Meanwhile Dilip waded into the serene waters of the Kshipra River, his eyes closed in reverence as he offered his morning prayers to the gods. The tranquil sounds of the flowing river mingled with the soft rustling of leaves in the gentle breeze, creating a peaceful atmosphere around him.

On the banks, Aarvi watched her husband with a tender smile, the morning sunlight casting a golden glow on her face. She was adorned with some simple gold jewelry, it wasn't much compared to her life as Yuvrani, but still a change from their humble forest life. In her hands, she held a fresh pair of garments and a few simple ornaments, a gesture of love and devotion to her king.

A few loyal guards stood at a respectful distance by the humble chariot, their expressions solemn and protective. They were a reminder of the loyalty and tributes offered by the chieftains of Avanti.

After completing his prayers, Dilip emerged from the sacred waters, his drenched clothes clinging to his form. As he met Aarvi's gaze, a tender smile graced his lips, reflecting the love and gratitude he felt for her. The sight of her adorned in gold jewelry brought a sense of tranquility to his heart, knowing that he could provide for her needs and desires, not the way he used to in Mahishmati, but still better than in forest.

His eyes then turned towards the majestic Mahakaleshwar temple, which now reverberated with the sounds of chants, and will with the fragrance of flowers and incense. He felt a profound sense of gratitude towards Mahadev for leading him to this sacred place and for blessing him with the opportunity to restore Ujjain to its former glory.

"Shigreh Rajan." Hemant, seated on the humble chariot as the charioteer, said, "Naye samant aapki pratiksha kar rahe hai, aapka swamitya swikarne ko."

"Awashya Sut." Dilip smiled.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

From a grand start.... To a humble beginning... Dilip and Aarvi's life has been a rollercoaster ride, but atleast it's on the right path.