SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH

Elena, Annabelle, Caroline, and Bonnie are standing in front of the high school.

Caroline: Here we are. Senior year.

Bonnie: Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?

Caroline: Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on.

Bonnie: You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?

Annabelle reaches her hand down linking her hand together with Caroline, giving it a nice gentle squeeze

Elena: Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year.

Caroline: Yeah. You win.

Annabelle: Are you sure you want to be here?

Elena: I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life.

HISTORY CLASS

The students enter the classroom. Elena and Annabelle goes to their seats. Caroline sits next to them and a guy sits on the other side but Stefan enters and goes toward him.

Stefan: You're in my seat.

He smiles at Elena and sits next to her.

Stefan (to Elena): Hey you!

Alaric has written "AP AMERICAN HISTORY" on the blackboard in chalk.

Alaric: Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders...the Native Americans.

Rebekah enters the classroom.

Rebekah: What about the Vikings?

She smirks, taking a seat beside Annabelle

Alaric: There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. Who are you?

Rebekah: My name's Rebekah. I'm new. And history's my favorite subject.

She sends a wink to Annabelle making her look away, blushing a light shade of pink. Caroline clenches her jaw glaring at the blonde Original.

FIELD

The cheerleaders are practicing on the side of the field

Rebekah: Sounds like you got a opening on the squad

Caroline: What are you doing?

Rebekah begins stretching while Caroline stands beside her.

Caroline: Hey. Hey. You can't just come here and infiltrate all of our lives.

Rebekah: I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity.

She looks over to where Annabelle is stretching, giving both blondes a good view of her rear

Rebekah: Maybe even that heavenly creature

Caroline's eye twitches and jaw clenches. Rebekah smirks at the reaction she got. Caroline scoffs and walks over to Annabelle

Caroline: She can be more subtle.

Annabelle: She's been in a coffin for 90 years. Give her a break, Caroline.

Caroline: Why are you taking her side?

Annabelle: Give it a rest. Everything's fine.

They turn their heads seeing Rebekah doing impressive backhand flips ending with a front spilt. She looks over at Annabelle with a smile.