THE NEW DEAL

MYSTIC GRILL

Elena, Annabelle, and Bonnie are sitting at a table

Elena: I feel like I'm going crazy. Totally paranoid all the time.

Bonnie: You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him.

Elena: Why hasn't he made a move? There has been no sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity.

Bonnie: Join the club. Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat.

Annabelle: Is it the same one?

Bonnie: Yeah! Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird.

Elena: What if it's not just some dream? What if it's like...you know...witch dream?

Bonnie: It's just stress. I'll figure it out. And what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?

Elena: He betrayed us, Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone.

Annabelle: How's Damon?

Elena: Damon is.........Damon.

LATER

Annabelle walks out of the bathroom and spots Klaus entering the Grill with a hybrid trailing behind him.

Klaus: Don't mind me

Elena: Klaus.

Damon: You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?

Klaus: I don't know what you are talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate. Get a round in, Tone

Tony smirks as he walks past Annabelle who walks over to stand beside her sister.

Damon: I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour.

Klaus: My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out.

Damon: Cute blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Klaus: Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town. Think I might fancy a home here. Oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is: not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word.

Annabelle: What else could you possibly want?

Klaus: Well for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan.

Damon: Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass.

Klaus: Well you see that is a shame.

Klaus throws a dart and hits a bulls-eye.

Klaus: Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine.

Annabelle: That's yours and Stefan's problem, not ours

Klaus moves towards her but Damon steps in between them

Klaus: Ha. Well this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart.

GILBERT HOUSE

Elena, Annabelle, and Alaric are preparing dinner in the kitchen.

Alaric: So, you're ready?

Elena: Vampires, hybrids and originals. No problem. Our rebellious brother. I'm worried.

Alaric: Proof that you're still human.

The front door opens and Jeremy enters and goes to the fridge.

Annabelle: Just in time, Jer! We're cooking.