OUR TOWN

FORBES HOUSE

Caroline is taking a shower with a bright happy smile across her face.

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH

Elena and Annabelle are decorating Caroline's locker for her birthday.

Bonnie: Hey, sorry I'm late, I...I got held up.

Elena: It's okay. I just got here too.

Annabelle: Can you pass me the balloons?

Elena hands her the balloons

Annabelle: Thanks. What got you running late?

Bonnie: I was...working on some new spells. You?

Elena: Working out with Alaric. So, we have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it.

Bonnie: What happened?

Annabelle: Jeremy is gonna be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over.

Bonnie: Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own.

Elena: I know...I asked Damon to compel him.

Bonnie: You what?

Annabelle: We know, Bonnie. But it's not safe for him here anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The only reason we're telling you is because I know that you two haven't really worked out your stuff. And I thought that maybe you'd wanna say goodbye.

ELSEWHERE

Caroline parks her car and gets out. Annabelle walks up to her

Annabelle: Happy birthday

She hands her a handstring bag.

Caroline opens the bag and finds a charm bracelet, with a C, an A, a cheerleader's megaphone, among other charms.

She looks at it then up to Annabelle, smiling happily

Caroline: I love it. Thank you

Annabelle smiles leaning up and pecks her on the cheek

Annabelle: You're welcome.

FORBES HOUSE

Caroline walks into her house and puts her stuff down. All of a sudden Elena, Annabelle, Matt, and Bonnie jump out with balloons, party hats, and a sign

Matt: Happy birthday!

Caroline: What are you guys doing here?

Elena: Well you blew off school and missed our work of birthday art, so...

Annabelle takes off the crown she's wearing and put it on Caroline's head and pecks her cheek.

Bonnie: Change into warmer clothes, we are going to the Falls. S'mores, camp fire..

Elena: Cake! Like when we were little.

Matt: Except for the tequila!

Caroline: Thanks, guys. Really, um, I'm just not feeling my birthday this year.

Bonnie: I'm sorry, what? You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year.

Caroline: Yeah, and now, it's just a reminder that technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like 17. And the only point to being 17 is to get to 18. It's a filler year; I'm stuck in a filler year.

Annabelle: You're not stuck, Caroline.

Caroline: Yeah I am, but it's okay. You know, it's all good, I'll be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it.