GHOST WORLD

TOWN SQUARE

Carol: As a long-time member of the Historical Society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers. Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honor of the night of illumination started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson.

Alaric, Jeremy, and Annabelle are in the crowd listening to the speech. Annabelle is wearing a turtleneck covering her neck

Alaric: Anna, why are you wearing that? It's pretty hot

Annabelle: Um, I.......um....

Jeremy looks at her confused pulling down the turtleneck where he and Alaric sees bite marks on her neck, their eyes widens in anger

Alaric: Who did----did Stefan bite you?

Jeremy: Did he do this, Anna?

Elena walks up to them

Elena: Hi I'm here. What did I---

She notices Alaric and Jeremy glaring at her, nostrils flaring

Elena: What?

Alaric: Look what Stefan did to your sister

Elena walks closer to her sister who has tears in her eyes and sees the bite marks on her neck, her eyes widens in shock

Elena: A-Anna, did Stefan----

Annabelle nods her head

Jeremy: Do something about your boyfriend or I will, Elena.

Elena: Jeremy....

Alaric: Do something or I promise I will kill him.

Alaric and Jeremy turns and storms away in anger.

Elena: Anna........I'm....

Annabelle: Just lock him up. Do something. He's out of control.

ELSEWHERE

Caroline is helping Bonnie to hang lanterns from the trees.

Caroline: So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too? Jeremy's Anna. Not my Anna.

Bonnie: I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here.

Caroline: Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that.

Bonnie: There. You commented.

Caroline: Bonnie...

Bonnie: What do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences.

Caroline: Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it.

Bonnie: I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it.

Damon pulls up to them in his car

Damon: Greetings, blondie. Witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan.

Bonnie: What do you mean, why?

Damon: Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost.

Bonnie: What?

Caroline: And why would you think that?

Damon: Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu.