|7|

"Rhaenyra, my dear, it's time for your mother's funeral." Anna spoke softly as she approached a sitting Rhaenyra

"I don't want to do this; if I do this, it means she's really dead." Rhaenyra said, her voice braking as she tried not to cry, shaking her head as Anna kneeled in front of her.

"I know, dear, but your mother and brother need to rest, and you must be the one to make that happen. I know it hurts, and this pain feels unbearable now, but it will get easier as the days go by, and she will always be with you right here." Anna spoke softly, grabbing the younger girl's hand and putting it on her heart.

Knocks were heard at the door, drawing both their attention as Alicent walked into the room looking nervous. "I wanted to check on you and see how you were before the funeral." Rhaenyra smiled at her friend's kindness.

"I will be out in the hall," Anna said.

"I just wanted to see you before the ceremony to see how you are feeling," Alicent said, sitting next to Rhaenyra.

"She has only been gone a day, and I miss her so much." Rhaenyra said it sadly.

"When my mother passed away, I was sad, and the pain is still there, but I wasn't as close to my mother as my sister was. My mother never really made an attempt to be around me or my brother; it was all my sister, so I do not know the full extent of your grief, but I am here for you." Alicent explained feeling sorry for her sister. She knew Anna didn't get a childhood; she was the firstborn daughter. All she knew was to do her duty, have honor, and not embarrass the family.

"Is that the reason Anna is practically always perfect? Why does she always freak out when something in her control is out of order?" Rhaenyra asked, making Alicent nod as a small, sad smile graced her face.

"Growing up, Anna would always protect Gwayne and me from our father's wrath, even if Gwayne was older than her. My father and mother pushed Anna to be perfect, as she was the perfect bargaining chip for more power."

"She has always been there for us, hasn't she?" Rhaenyra asked, making Alicent nod.

"Yes, she has, and I know that she will always be the one person besides each other that we can go to for anything," Alicent said before Anna walked back into the room.

"Its time, my dear," she said sadly, but with a supporting smile, making both girls stand up.

"Very well, let's go." Rhaenyra spoke, trying to be strong.

----

Many people from the castle stood silently on the cliff as the wind picked up and the sound of waves crashing against the cliff reached their ears as they looked at the late queen Aemma and her son Baleon wrapped, prepared to be burned as tradition for Targaryen's

Rhaenyra stood further in front of everyone as she tried to not break done looking at her mother and brothers bodies that were laying their awaiting for her to command her dragon to burn them to ash. I can't do this, she thought as she looked back at Anna, who saw the girls pleading eyes and immediately walked away from her father, going to the girls side.

"Nyke cant gaomagon bisa nyke cant pōnta cant sagon morghe" (I cant do this, I cant they cant be dead), Rhaenyra said in her mother tongue, looking at Anna.

"Ry jāhor sagon ry paktot rhaenyra, nyke gīmigon ao issi isse ōdres, yn ao līs ivestragī zirȳ rest ao līs ivestragī aōha muñnykeā rest ziry jāhor jiōragon naejot rhaenagon aōha siblings hae sȳrī ziry wont sagon isse dombo ōdres" (all will be all right Rhaenyra, I know you are in pain, but you must let them rest you must let your mother rest she will get to meet your siblings as well she wont be in anymore pain) Anna told the girl making her nod and lean into her comforting embrace as Daemon stepped forward