Chapter 5

The day unfolded with the rhythm of routine, the familiar dance of daily chores marking the passage of time

The day unfolded with the rhythm of routine, the familiar dance of daily chores marking the passage of time. As the clock struck 11:00, a sense of anticipation stirred within me. It was time to shed the mantle of the mundane and embrace the transformation that awaited in my room. The shower's embrace was a refreshing cascade, washing away the remnants of the morning's toil.

I emerged, ready to craft an image of poised elegance. My choice was a fitted black top, its short sleeves hugging my arms with a promise of sleek sophistication. The trousers were a symphony of beige, their wide-legged design flowing gracefully above my ankles—a statement of relaxed fashion. The ensemble was anchored by chunky black boots, their laces a bold declaration, their thick soles a testament to my readiness to conquer the world. On my left wrist, a golden bracelet shimmered—a whisper of luxury amidst the boldness of my attire.

With my hair swept back into a ponytail, a touch of makeup to enhance my features, I stood before the mirror. A smile of self-approval graced my lips. "Wow! I look so pretty in this outfit," I thought, capturing the moment with a photo sent to Aditi for her inevitable praise.

Descending the stairs, I announced my departure to Mumma, her maternal affection wrapped in a simple, "Okay, take care, baccha

Descending the stairs, I announced my departure to Mumma, her maternal affection wrapped in a simple, "Okay, take care, baccha." The nod I offered her was a silent promise to do just that.

The cafe was my destination, a rendezvous point I had set with Shubman. True to form, I arrived fashionably late, finding him already there, engrossed in the world within his phone. "Hi Shubman," I greeted, breaking his digital trance.

His response was immediate, "Hello Sara." He was quick to apologize for our last encounter, regret tinging his words. "I am extremely sorry for that day. I did not even introduce myself properly."

I brushed off his concern with a wave of my hand. "No problem, Shubman." His curiosity was evident as he inquired, "Why did you call me here?"

"You seem very distant from everyone. What happened?" I asked, my voice laced with genuine concern.

His self-awareness was apparent. "Am I that obvious?" he replied, a chuckle escaping my lips at his candor.

"Yes. Your fans are thinking that you had a heartbreak," I teased, eliciting a light smile that revealed the charming dimples on his cheeks. "It is not a heartbreak for sure because I have not dated anyone," he clarified.