Chapter 12

The question of whether I harbor feelings for Sara lingered in my mind, a gentle whisper that grows louder with each passing moment

The question of whether I harbor feelings for Sara lingered in my mind, a gentle whisper that grows louder with each passing moment. Her presence is a sanctuary, a return to a place of comfort and familiarity, akin to the feeling of coming home. The realization dawned on me, clear as day—I must bare my soul to her, reveal the depths of my affection.

With a mixture of anticipation and trepidation, I reached for my phone and dialed her number. The call connected, and her voice, bright and cheerful as always, washed over me, soothing the storm of nerves within. "Hey Shub!" she greeted, and I'm reminded once again of the calm she brings to my life.

"Are you free this evening?" I inquired, my voice steady despite the pounding of my heart.

Her response is immediate, laced with curiosity. "Yeah, why? What happened?"

I take a deep breath, the words flowing more easily now. "I've got a break before the next match, and I thought... maybe we could spend some time together, just the two of us."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," Sara replies, her enthusiasm infectious. "What time should I be ready, and where are we headed?"

"Be ready by 5:00 pm. I'll pick you up near your house," I say, a smile playing on my lips. "And as for the location, let that be a surprise."

A soft laugh escapes her. "Okay, I'll be there. How should I dress?"

"Casual, but nice," I suggest, hoping to strike the perfect balance for the evening I have planned.

"Got it. I'll see you then," she confirms, and with that, the call ends.

I'm left with a sense of purpose, a mission to make this evening unforgettable. I ring up my manager, briefing him on the arrangements I need, and he readily agrees to assist.

The day progresses, and I'm pulled from my preparations by another call. It's Abhishek, his voice brimming with excitement. "Hey bro, how are you?" he asks.

"I'm okay. And you?" I reply, curious about the source of his evident joy.

"You won't believe it—I'm dating!" he exclaims. The news is unexpected, especially given the tumultuous events he's weathered because of Tanya Singh. "Who's the lucky girl?" I ask, genuinely intrigued.

"Arya Malhotra," he reveals, and I can't help but feel happy for him.

"That's great news," I respond, sharing in his happiness.

We chat for a while longer before saying our goodbyes. As I hang up, my thoughts drift back to Sara, to the confession that awaits. I'm ready to open my heart to her, to let her see the truth that's been hidden for far too long.

 I'm ready to open my heart to her, to let her see the truth that's been hidden for far too long