Chapter 9

I said, "Di, I missed you

I said, "Di, I missed you." She did not look affected at all. Please di, just once look at me and say that you missed me as well. But she held Alyssa's hand and said, "Aly, let's go." She pulled Alyssa and went out of the cafe.

I could not believe she did that. Di could never see me in pain and now. I could not be here. I said, "Sara, I-"

Sara hugged me and I hugged her back. I controlled my tears. She said, "You go to the hotel and speak with Virat bhai. I will go home. Call me once you speak with him."

I nodded and Sara booked a cab while I drove towards the hotel. I reached the hotel and I saw everyone having coffee. I was not in the mood.

I just went towards my room even though everyone called me. I went to my room and sat on the floor. Tears came out of my eyes. Why did di, do this? Didn't she care about me? I took out my phone and tried to call her but as usual it went to voice mail. I said, "Di, please talk to me once. Just once. I want to hear your voice. I won't try explaining anything. Please di."

My voice cracked and I ended the voice mail and layed my head against the door and closed my eyes.

The atmosphere was thick with concern as Virat and Rohit exchanged puzzled glances, the unspoken question hanging in the air

The atmosphere was thick with concern as Virat and Rohit exchanged puzzled glances, the unspoken question hanging in the air. Shreyas broke the silence, his voice tinged with worry, "Virat bhai, what's wrong with Shubman? He seemed fine earlier."

"I'm not sure, Shreyas. I'll have to speak with him," Virat replied, his brow furrowed in thought. Ishan chimed in, "Bhai, maybe Sara knows something. She and Shub were together."

Rohit's expression turned quizzical. "Sara who?" he inquired.

"Sara Tendulkar, Sachin sir's daughter," Ishan clarified. With a nod of understanding, Virat dialed Sara's number, the phone's speaker broadcasting her voice clearly. "Yes, bhai?" she answered promptly.

"Sara, can you tell me what happened to Shub?" Virat's voice held a note of urgency.

There was a pause on the other end before Sara responded, "Didn't he tell you?"

Virat glanced at Ishan, who shook his head, and then back to the phone. "No, he didn't. He just went straight to his room, tears in his eyes. What's going on?"