Chapter 19

I woke up with a start, heart pounding in my chest

I woke up with a start, heart pounding in my chest. The realization hit me—today we had to leave for Chennai. Our next match was there, and the excitement mixed with nerves made me spring out of bed. The early morning light filtered through the curtains as I hurriedly packed my bags, carefully placing my cricket gear inside. I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins; the thrill of the game was something I lived for.

With my bags packed, I took a moment to breathe and headed out. The morning air was crisp, and the sun was just beginning to rise. I made my way towards the team bus, my steps quick and determined. As I climbed aboard and found my seat, my phone pinged. Curious, I pulled it out and saw a message from Sara. Instantly, a smile spread across my face. Sara had a way of brightening even the most stressful days.

 Sara had a way of brightening even the most stressful days

Sara, you are playing with the wrong person. You distracted me, so now I will distract you. Be ready.

I chuckled softly to myself. Alright, Sara, challenge accepted.

The bus roared to life and we were off to the airport. The drive was filled with the usual chatter and laughter of the team, but my mind kept drifting back to Sara's message. When we arrived, the airport was buzzing with activity. Families, travelers, and fans mingled in a sea of movement. A group of children, spotting our team, ran over with excitement. Their eyes wide with admiration, they asked for pictures. I happily obliged, taking selfies and signing autographs, their joyous smiles contagious.

As we moved towards the boarding section, I felt a sense of pride and connection with the fans. Their support meant everything to us. We boarded the plane, and I found my seat, ready to settle in for the flight. Moments later, Rashid bhai sat down next to me.

"Hey, Rashid bhai," I greeted him, "did you fight with Noor bhai again?"

Rashid bhai chuckled, shaking his head. "No, no. Azmat is planning to prank Noor, and I thought I'd add a bit of spice to the mix."

I laughed, recalling our own mischievous antics in Indian Cricket. Despite being a senior, Rashid bhai had a youthful spirit that kept the team lively. Just then, Noor bhai approached us, looking a bit concerned.