Chapter 27

I was sleeping peacefully until I felt someone shaking my shoulders

I was sleeping peacefully until I felt someone shaking my shoulders. I groggily sat upright and saw Sara standing there with her hands on her hips, looking slightly annoyed. I rubbed my eyes and asked, "What happened, baby?"

"You promised that we would tour around New York today, and here you are, still sleeping," she said, her voice a mix of frustration and amusement.

I smiled sheepishly, realizing I had completely forgotten. "Sorry, baby, I forgot. Just give me some time to get ready, and you can get ready too."

She nodded, and I headed to the washroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. Feeling refreshed, I went to the closet to choose my outfit. I decided on a green short-sleeved button-up shirt with a distinctive design featuring white and red trim along the edges and sleeves. I paired it with crisp white pants, creating a striking contrast with the vibrant green. For footwear, I chose white sneakers that added to my relaxed yet fashionable look. I accessorized minimally but effectively, sporting a watch on my left wrist, a bracelet on my right, and a pair of trendy sunglasses that enhanced my stylish appearance.

 I accessorized minimally but effectively, sporting a watch on my left wrist, a bracelet on my right, and a pair of trendy sunglasses that enhanced my stylish appearance

I emerged from the closet and saw Sara applying makeup. She looked stunning in an off-the-shoulder white top with long sleeves, featuring a casual, slightly frayed hem that added a touch of bohemian flair to her look. The loose, flowy sleeves complemented the off-shoulder design, giving her outfit an airy, comfortable feel. Her light blue pants were tailored to fit well and slightly tapered towards the ankles, creating a sleek silhouette. 

The combination of the white top and blue pants created a soft, pastel palette that was both refreshing and elegant. Her hair was styled in loose waves that cascaded over one shoulder, adding to the effortless charm of her appearance. She accessorized with simple hoop earrings and had a pair of sunglasses perched atop her head, ready for use on a sunny day.

 She accessorized with simple hoop earrings and had a pair of sunglasses perched atop her head, ready for use on a sunny day

She smiled at me and asked, "Shall we go?"

I nodded, and we headed out of the room. As we made our way to the exit, we encountered Harry bhai, Yuzi bhai, and Yash, who blocked our way. Virat bhai stepped forward with a teasing grin, "Where are the love birds off to?"

Sara smiled and explained, "Bhai, we're just going to roam around New York and come back early. From tomorrow, Shub will be there for practice."

Ro bhai nodded, "Fine, go and be back quickly."

We decided to walk around the city first, stopping to have some coffee and breakfast. After breakfast, Sara excitedly asked, "Can we go to the Brooklyn Bridge?"

I nodded, and we hailed a taxi to the bridge. Once there, I took a picture and posted it on my Instagram story. 

We sat on a bench, enjoying the view and the breeze

Sara rested her head on my shoulder and said, "You are the best, Shub."

I smiled, touched by her words. "Where did this thought suddenly come from?"

She chuckled, "From my heart, baby. Where else?" After a pause, she asked, "Shall we tell our parents about us?"

I considered it and replied, "That's a good idea. Maybe after the T20?" She nodded in agreement.

After spending some more time together, we headed back to the hotel. As soon as we walked in, Ro bhai greeted us, "Here come the love birds."

Sara blushed, and Vi bhai teased, "Had a nice date?" Both of us turned red like tomatoes.

Yash couldn't resist and quipped, "Look at these fresh tomatoes."

I glared at Yash, but he just chuckled. We sat down for dinner, and the waitress who came to take our order kept eyeing me. Noticing this, Sara placed her hand on mine and started talking animatedly with Harry bhai and Yuzi bhai, making it clear that I was taken. I smiled at her cuteness, and she laughed like a small child.

Vi bhai noticed my smile and commented, "Someone is happy."

"Of course, bhai, I am," I replied, feeling genuinely content.

Our food arrived, and we enjoyed an amazing meal together. After dinner, we retreated to our room, exhausted from the day's activities. We changed into our pajamas, and I lay down on the bed. Sara did her skincare routine and then snuggled up to me. I kissed her forehead, turned off the lights, and closed my eyes, letting sleep claim me.

 I kissed her forehead, turned off the lights, and closed my eyes, letting sleep claim me

Hey guys,I am extremely sorry for the late update. I've been quite busy since school started, but I appreciate your patience. To make it up to you, I'll give you a double update today if possible. Please forgive your author.-Author